• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice lines uncleryan13 good first dyes! Even a multi color with a big circle. Pulled off some though techniques pretty well. Welcome!

8105126671_59c3f99246_z.jpg

^^^^That is a nice dye. Even those who do fantastic work started out with simpler designs. Besides even when you get really good it's nice to step back and just do a nice simple design. Keep posting whatever you got we love to see all of them.

My very first multi color dye! The blue got a little weird for some reason, but I'm VERY happy with how it turned out. It made my pearl GL flow even more beautiful.

IMG_20121020_220644.jpg

The spots on the blue are from the bubbles in the vinyl when you remasked. It's fairly common when you remask. The vinyl will pull some dye from the disc.

About to step up my game and do this dye, about to print out the image and dye it on my glo z zone, wish me luck. PS , how do you guys get the dye to the edge without it bleeding?

Take all the vinyl off. Remove the vinyl and you remove the opportunity for bleeding. You can use suction cups or tape handles on the bottom of the disc to pull it outta the dye. I find using a pan to float the disc in makes this easier then a pan

I think he's asking how to get the dye to the brim of the disc without bleeding onto the back.

most discs are just a little buoyant when flipped, and depending on how many air bubbles you have it only takes a few pennies to counteract that buoyancy. careful your first time though it sinks quick when you overload it lol.

how do you guys get the dye to the edge without it bleeding?

I don't remember who posted it, but I used their suggestion of a shot glass - after setting the disc into the dip pan, put a shot glass on the middle of it - if it doesn't sink the disc down enough for your liking, add some water or other liquid until you get it where you want it.

Flow 173

The skin tone went bad but it dont look too bad .I guess lol

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 163
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts