• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun with circles.

GdwakeofthefloodsDSC_2498.jpg

^^ That is awesome - I'm not a Dead fan, but love the record design & concept. As always, Dan, very, very well done! ^^

Just tried something

Attachments

• IMG_20121117_130842_642.jpg
    IMG_20121117_130842_642.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20121117_130144_251.jpg
    IMG_20121117_130144_251.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 140
I'm going to stop posting my dyes. You guys are putting mine to shame...

I know how you feel, but I'm posting this one anyway. It's an old Wraith that I pulled out of my bag and decided to practice some sc marbling. I know, that's so 2 months ago. Anyway, that's a Ring Wraith on it, with some not swirly enough marbling. But it does look better than plain white. When I went to post the pic from my photobucket account, everything is gone, so I posted as an attachment.

Attachments

• P1030188.jpg
    P1030188.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 95
this is not a place for judgement on dyes....We appreciate any and all photos of dyes no matter the caliber of the quality. This is the Dye a Day and if people stop posting we no longer keep a dye a day going..... Also its nice to be able to follow people progress as they improve their skillz

yeah, i threatened to start "a Dye a Day for Mere Mortals" thread once upon a time. :D
so here's one.
any FLCL fans out there?

IMG_0982.jpg
[/IMG]

on a side note, i thought for sure the fine lines i cut for the power lines would surely "bleed" and show up. was in the dye for 30 minutes. is it just a fact that when you want something to "bleed" it won't?

on a side note, i thought for sure the fine lines i cut for the power lines would surely "bleed" and show up. was in the dye for 30 minutes. is it just a fact that when you want something to "bleed" it won't?

Yeah, I don't really trust them to show up when I want them to, so to be safe, I take my blade and run it through the lines at a little angle to open it up more.

Finally got my little brother in on the dyeing game and since he won't make a profile I'll post it, well I helped anyway right?! I brought some supplies over and a small stencil for him to try out first. He did pretty well with only a couple small bleeds. I had him use SC to dye the stencil with since it wouldn't require him to hot dip anything and I figured it would be an easy way to explain the process. I did the marble for him to show him how to do that. He is an artist, mostly paintings and line drawings, so I figured he would take to dyeing well. Neutron Axis.
IMG00766-20121115-0427.jpg

IMG00768-20121115-0429.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts