• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year! We got snowed in yesterday so I played with discs while watching that Clemson comeback on LSU. Bennett your boys did pretty good!

innovaRocSpadessDSC_2823.jpg

MVPNeutronAnodesDSC_2814.jpg

Be at war with your voices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
-Benjamin Franklin

Happy New Year! We got snowed in yesterday so I played with discs while watching that Clemson comeback on LSU. Bennett your boys did pretty good!

LOL Yeah that was a GREAT game, but I'm no Clemson Tiger simply 'cause they're close!

"My boys" are the ALABAMA Crimson Tide -- hence, the "UA" after "Bennett" :thmbup: and I certainly enjoy watching LSU lose in such unforgetable fashion, which will lead to even more Tiger talk over whether Less Miles should be fired/ how much of the staff should be cut. :p

So yeah, in a week, you can tell me again how well my boys did when they stomp the ginger out of the Irish! :hfive:

I didn't like the free 3M stuff (I still have most of 2 rolls of it) - I could never get the glue lines to spread evenly & always ended up w/bleeds from them. even after using a hair dryer and credit card for long periods of time. Oracal all the way for this guy.

People keep getting the wrong stuff from them...I don't understand why. They DO have vinyl that doesn't have the air-release tracks, and I love it. It works great, is soft and flexible, and it releases easily. Oracal for me is a PAIN to take off...

Your spade disc is awesome. you wouldn't mind telling me how you managed the marbling?

innovaRocSpadessDSC_2823.jpg

Be at war with your voices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
-Benjamin Franklin

So a few buddies came over for New Years eve and we had a dyeing party. 4 guys, and only of them had ever dyed before. We cranked out 17 discs in the afternoon/night. Only 4 real screw ups, and the worst part 2 of the screw ups were mine. :doh:

Attachments

• IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 61
and more

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 69
and still more

Attachments

• IMG_0617.jpg
    IMG_0617.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 94
finally

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 58
Dragon Dye

This one isn't quite finished. Still need to add some marbled flames to it but wanted to post it anyway.

Attachments

• DragonDye.jpg
    DragonDye.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 155
Nice work Rob! How did you get your stars and textures in the background?
There has been a lot of nice work posted here recently. Thanks to all for sharing. Now I'm feeling inspired.

I know it sounds stupid but I put Elmers Glue on the disc where the stars are. If you let it completely dry before you put it down in the dye, it will create pretty solid lines but it you put it in the dye before it is completely dry it will create less definition, like far away stars. The stars didn't show up very well because I didn't put the glue on until after a short soak in black. The glue comes off very easily with warm water and a light scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts