• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno actually...finer lined patterns like that are just a blur when flying. You usually need something big and bold to really look neat in flight...
But dyes like these look great spinning on your finger :D

PHOTO_20130825_223914_zps36a1a64a.jpg

Tensor for a customer. Airbrush spin box combo to soften the back ground. You can see the fade much better in person.

This is freaking awesome, If you decide to do another i will deff PAY $$

Everything has a price -- this would be more than many other dyes because it takes that much more work -- each piece of houndstooth has to be weeded individually and CAREFULLY since it's a very peculiar shape, and any mistake in a pattern becomes glaring. Also, removing the final vinyl(white) is an equally hand-cramping chore.

But I would do it, and especially since it's BAMA you'd have to be a fan to want it anyway, so I couldn't charge tooo much :hfive:

finished this today to be sent out to a customer this week. champ xcal

just figured id show some love since A-town had a nice showing. eat em up tigers...

simple but sweet.

Attachments

• tigers xcal.jpg
    tigers xcal.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 27
WE MISSED A DAY!

Here's another football set, from long ago, both hand-cut.

Shows the difference between how well KC Pro and Star take dye.

4263207753_e9c1a7ff17_z.jpg

My first couple of dyes

Sweden flag on a Champion Sidewinder

Portal Cake and Aperture Logo on a Star Shark

Used iDye Poly for both, hand cut the images, pretty damn happy with the result!!!

My Second Dye

This dye is the logo of my church's youth group back in high school. A group of rhinos is called a Crash. This could be because a rhino can only see about 40 feet in front of them and run 40 mph and they run in groups. I have wanted to put this logo on this Champion Rhyno ever since I found it a few years ago.

Attachments

• Crash_logo.jpg
    Crash_logo.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 77
I want a Swedish dyed disc but blue never comes right for me. I especially like how the three crowns are incorporated. Let me know if you are willing to do that again on my disc.

Sweden flag on a Champion Sidewinder

Portal Cake and Aperture Logo on a Star Shark

Used iDye Poly for both, hand cut the images, pretty damn happy with the result!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.