• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyed a couple Westside Worlds over the weekend:

13219423123_c2a86a01af_z.jpg

This is amazing. I have to ask - were the lines a dip dye, or spin dye?

My first three dyes. Pretty proud of how they turned out. Couldn't have done it without all the helpful info found on this site. Can't wait to switch to vinyl instead of contact paper and see if I can stop the bleeding, but for now I'll call it character.

From left to right:
Prodigy F1 400s - "Hobbes"
Prodigy F3 400s - " RHCP"
Blizzard champ Boss - "Rick Ross"

Attachments

• DE174513-5732-4036-8FAA-151172FB738F_zpsknk2vlvt.jpg
    DE174513-5732-4036-8FAA-151172FB738F_zpsknk2vlvt.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 3713AFCF-CEC0-414B-99F5-ED17DD92AAC2_zpslk2tizhb.jpg
    3713AFCF-CEC0-414B-99F5-ED17DD92AAC2_zpslk2tizhb.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 934E65CF-B1F2-4DD2-853D-C52937CC4497_zps4pwujzaj.jpg
    934E65CF-B1F2-4DD2-853D-C52937CC4497_zps4pwujzaj.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 30
All of these look so much better in person...as always...

Legacy Pinnacle Rival for ian --- came out perfect, had to remask the tiger paw with a hand-cut....that was fun....

13244764354_7f55321539.jpg

U of Miami D4 for shanepotter270.

13244759264_a9340e6ee3.jpg

Legacy Icon Rampage, SC state flag, for a CTP at the SC State Doubles Championship this past weekend. I believe this went to Jay Sauls.

13244429385_184250ca33.jpg

some of these are INSANE... seems like a hell of a job to even do some of these wtf where do you even start lol. Nice stuff!!!!

approx. how many hours go into some of those crazy stencil dyes?

MVP Nuetro Servo

Just a simple design I thought of right after getting the spinner going that I decided to actually do. Got really tough to keep the radial lines nice and straight and even once I got past yellow - I don't have the steadiest hand with a brush.:\

Attachments

• 0318142058.jpg
    0318142058.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 131
approx. how many hours go into some of those crazy stencil dyes?

Largely depends on two things:
-- hand-cut or plotter cut;
-- number of colors/ remasks.

All of us started as hand-cutters, but some of us have bought plotters, which do all of the initial cutting(but are no help when you're remasking for other colors).

I spent enough time hand-cutting when I started that I was cramping up in my hand and forearm. I knew I wasn't going to stop playing disc golf and therefor dyeing discs any time soon, so I bit the bullet and bought a plotter. I still contest that I can cut anything with my hands that a plotter can, but it does save LOTS of time, and you get perfect results everytime, especially useful for patterns and text.

I would say that the Okthrowberfest entries often have some of the most complex designs and number of remasks, so I would wager that these are good candidates for which discs take the most time. I've easily put 5+ hours on each of my entries over the past few years. Also have to factor in design time; these images don't just come out of nowhere!

Largely depends on two things:
-- hand-cut or plotter cut;
-- number of colors/ remasks.

All of us started as hand-cutters, but some of us have bought plotters, which do all of the initial cutting(but are no help when you're remasking for other colors).

I spent enough time hand-cutting when I started that I was cramping up in my hand and forearm. I knew I wasn't going to stop playing disc golf and therefor dyeing discs any time soon, so I bit the bullet and bought a plotter. I still contest that I can cut anything with my hands that a plotter can, but it does save LOTS of time, and you get perfect results everytime, especially useful for patterns and text.

I would say that the Okthrowberfest entries often have some of the most complex designs and number of remasks, so I would wager that these are good candidates for which discs take the most time. I've easily put 5+ hours on each of my entries over the past few years. Also have to factor in design time; these images don't just come out of nowhere!

so factoring in the remasks it could take a week given the dry times etc?

Wow! :clap:

Was hoping to finish this tonight, but it's morning! I have a feeling this is gonna look better with the vinyl still on. Need to get to bed, have a few more finishing touches and I'll post the final one.
iK9abvql.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.