• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally true, from my experience. Although on a few discs I've dyed it did look weird, and on one I pulled off the vinyl and it took off part of the stamps. It didn't look good. Figured better safe than sorry.

Btw, we only got one comment! Anyone else have an opinion?
splash.jpg
snowboarder.jpg

Which one do you prefer? Input much appreciated! :thmbup:
I really dig the top one. I bet it looks good flying.

haven't seen any MMA dyes in here before, although Im not going through 266+ pages of dyes
did this one for my friend.
IMG00165-20101129-0324.jpg

pride was awesome. To bad their stables have been watered down in the UFC and Dream... Dream is okay but they need to bring Overeem stateside and test out those horse legs he calls arms. Shame what is happening to Saku.

So after I found this thread a few weeks back, I decided to read through it from the beginning. Just over a week later and at almost 5am, I finished. Hurray!

I picked up lots of tips and useful info, so to everyone who's shared their experience I just wanna say thanks.

To commemorate this achievement, here is my first real dye. Can anyone tell me where its from??
cptq.jpg

handcut (obviously) star wraith

So after I found this thread a few weeks back, I decided to read through it from the beginning. Just over a week later and at almost 5am, I finished. Hurray!

I picked up lots of tips and useful info, so to everyone who's shared their experience I just wanna say thanks.

To commemorate this achievement, here is my first real dye. Can anyone tell me where its from??

Captain Quark? I haven't played that in years.

Also Spliff, I know ...

Spiff I just realized that it is SpacemanSpiff and not SpacemanSpliff... I apologize for calling you spliff even though it would be a cool nickname... and it could be a funny dye. SpacemanSpiff smokin a Spaceman's Spliff (sounds like a line by MF Doom)

and I'm guessing that is a ratchet and clank reference?

cptq.jpg

handcut (obviously) star wraith

WOW you went all out for your first dye with a HUGE multicolor, and pulled it off! Great work!
Welcome to the addi(s)ction!

Captain Quark? I haven't played that in years.
Yes, wow. I'm surprised you got it so quickly. No one IRL seems to get the reference. Those games were a cool part of my childhood. Plus I just thought the logo is really cool looking.

Spiff I just realized that it is SpacemanSpiff and not SpacemanSpliff... I apologize for calling you spliff even though it would be a cool nickname... and it could be a funny dye. SpacemanSpiff smokin a Spaceman's Spliff (sounds like a line by MF Doom)

and I'm guessing that is a ratchet and clank reference?
Good call on the reference. And about the name, thats cool. I actually thought it was a typo when I read it. Clearly I'm not in the pot aspect of discing, haha.

WOW you went all out for your first dye with a HUGE multicolor, and pulled it off! Great work!
Welcome to the addi(s)ction!
yeah, wow. pretty ambitious for a first time!
Thanks guys, yeah this one turned out pretty much exactly how I wanted it to. Got lucky on the green color, got exactly what I hoping for by double dipping. And to be technical, its not really my first dye. It would be like my 3rd, but the first two I did I only did a small amount of letter cutting and dyed them single color. I didn't do most of the cutting, any weeding or masking so I don't really count those. This was my first solo venture, and still one of my favorite to date.

Did this a while ago but I like it and never posted it
IMG_0749.jpg

I love the color on this one! very cool dye. well done :thmbup:

Also, thanks for all your input on the two yellow discs guys, your opinions were helpful!

yeah thanks everyone for proving me right :) i told him the top one was cooler than the snowboarder. maybe because that was mostly my solo effort ;)

And thanks everyone for the awesome comments on our first set of dyes i posted. And as far as that ring of fire one goes i'm glad it turned out like it did since it was looking way too dark during the whole process. I was pleasantly surprised with it once i got all the vinyl off.

modify it a bit and make it look like a meteor/comet and put it on the meteor and comet
I love this idea. We didn't have any comets to dye but we'll have to keep that in mind for the future.

I've been in awe over everyone's dyes for a long time which got me hooked on it but up until my posts a couple of days ago I hadn't posted any of my dyes. For memory's sake here's my first multicolor dye as well... unfortunately I lost him before I finished...

morgan_pre.jpg

Hopefully when I can get back to my own dyes I'll bring him back to life.

I've been in awe over everyone's dyes for a long time which got me hooked on it but up until my posts a couple of days ago I hadn't posted any of my dyes. For memory's sake here's my first multicolor dye as well... unfortunately I lost him before I finished...

morgan_pre.jpg

Hopefully when I can get back to my own dyes I'll bring him back to life.

Sweet dye!!

aj

The beginnings of a Lightning McQueen disc for my nephew's birthday on Monday. 150 Star Valk. This Oracle 631 lets out little side bleeds no matter how clean you cut or how well you press your vinyl down. :mad:

Attachments

• McQueen.jpg
    McQueen.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 42
I've never had problems with 631

I've had problems with the last couple of sheets of it that I've used. I have no clue what the deal is either. I keep getting tiny little bleeds in places I know are cut clean and stuck down really good. I'm using a brand new blade for every sheet I use too. :confused:

I've had problems with the last couple of sheets of it that I've used. I have no clue what the deal is either. I keep getting tiny little bleeds in places I know are cut clean and stuck down really good. I'm using a brand new blade for every sheet I use too. :confused:

I've always used 651, never had a problem and I really slack sometimes. Has a stronger adhesive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts