• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite Staircase dye. This is only the outline so far. It's on my dad's beat up ESP XL. Ended up with a lovely line all the way across the disc by my thumb where the dye followed a deep scratch in the plastic. Gotta love dyeing used discs. It should still turn out ok though.

Attachments

• Infinite Staircase Dye.jpg
    Infinite Staircase Dye.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 77
Discraft-Meteor-ESP-173.jpg

those stamped ion are hard to get off eh?

dye looks great though!

yeah, they have some really fine "burns" where it's nearly impossible to get the stamp out of.

wow, crazy shading. what did your dip times look like for those?

...insane...first, i did 15 minutes for the dark little line parts (this is all done with Pearl Grey, btw), then 5 for the next shade, 4 for the next, then like 2.5 minutes for each following shade until i was done.

How do you do shading?

first do the whole full color design, then re-mask and dip into the pearl gray?

Example.
Shading a circle, mask the bottom third of the circle to have the top part shaded?

How do you do shading?

first do the whole full color design, then re-mask and dip into the pearl gray?

Example.
Shading a circle, mask the bottom third of the circle to have the top part shaded?

i'd say get a airbrush :\

i believe LoPan made some sweet shaded mario dyes (mushroom and star) by holding the disc a certain way when he's pulling it out from the dye. allowing the dye to sit on the disc in certain spots while it's draining off of it.

for that cube, i just cut every line and weeded away certain parts as i went along.

i'd say get a airbrush :\

i believe LoPan made some sweet shaded mario dyes (mushroom and star) by holding the disc a certain way when he's pulling it out from the dye. allowing the dye to sit on the disc in certain spots while it's draining off of it.

for that cube, i just cut every line and weeded away certain parts as i went along.

Well, you're sorta right. I've been meaning to do the red super mushroom, but none of my throwers are conducive to it...and I want it on a thrower so I can have a theme in my bag :D A fire flower might make a good addition too.. I was going to do a write up on how I shaded it. But basically, all I did was pull the disc, rinse it with cold water, and use a straw to drop dye onto the parts I want shaded, letting it hit and then drip off down the mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts