• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philman, you might want to re-think using that ripper skull in your logo. that is a trademarked image of Powell Peralta's

plogo.jpg

I bet their lawyers are better than yours.

When they send me a cease and desist I'll stop using it. They also encourage people to use there is a whole book of people using it on different forms of media.

Bennet you're right I'll resize that banner. I kind of half-ass added it to my sig last night and was too tired to resize it.

No problem at all. Judging by the fact that you took the time to PM me it would seem like you're a little sensitive about all this. (and quite possibly new to having your b*lls broken on the internet)

Have fun with your business!

No problem at all. Judging by the fact that you took the time to PM me it would seem like you're a little sensitive about all this. (and quite possibly new to having your b*lls broken on the internet)

Have fun with your business!

Thanks! Have fun being a keyboard toughguy!

not just you scarwig, philman gets a lot of crap for that dye.

"it's a logo"

"it's not original"

"don't have it as your avy and your signature"

i'll admit, i hated for a bit because it was already a logo. but then i really looked at how difficult of a dye it is to pull off correctly. then i saw that he has done more than one of them, and they all look the same.

propz.

not just you scarwig, philman gets a lot of crap for that dye.

"it's a logo"

"it's not original"

"don't have it as your avy and your signature"

i'll admit, i hated for a bit because it was already a logo. but then i really looked at how difficult of a dye it is to pull off correctly. then i saw that he has done more than one of them, and they all look the same.

propz.

yup.

that dye is sick. he plots part of it, and painstakingly pieces together the small spine pieces (IIRC). plus, it's perfectly executed.

Do whatever you want, playboy.

I can lend you an ounce of creativity/originality if you need some.

I think your reply was taken taken that way. Correct me if I'm wrong but when you tell someone you will lend them Creativity/Originality you are insinuating that they themselves are not creative. If that was not your intent then fine. Go on your merry way.

I think it would be cool if the dyer guild took a stance on dye work in the way of originality/intent... but maybe I'll bring this up later...

As far as logos/designs go, there are so many logo jacks here it's not even funny. I freely share the stencils that are not mine including rip.Like I said during Okthrowberfest I did that dye because I grew up a skateboard rat and am still one at heart. I use the rip disc in my banner now becaue it fits the color scheme of my site. If/when I do something else I'll use something else. Powell Peralta hasn't been relevant in the skateboarding world since the 90's so I doubt they give a crap if that design is on a disc on my site. Just like I doubt Pink Floyd is going to care if AP or myself dyed the walking hammers on a disc.

Ok enought ranting someone post some effing dyes.

Crystal Nuke I did for my buddy.

If you haven't seen one of these yet they look cool. They have the armageddon stamp on the bottom which I left on.

IMAG0208.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.