• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished these up for my patient friend Jason!
First is Flying Homer on a CRAZY OPAQUE Ion -- couldn't see through this thing on the lightbox, have NEVER had that with any (dyeable)plastic! Came out great with a few small "streak" bleeds, kinda makes him look faster :D The lighter shade of the beard is just the reflection of the disc.

5370475902_82634a8e6a.jpg

Ariel on an ESP Ultralight, these discs do NOT take dye like any normal ESP plastic -- took a LOT more heat and a LOT more time to get both discs to take any dye -- buyer beware, but they came out well enough, this kinda looks like she's "under the sea" :)p)

5369869077_6668b5684d.jpg

And finally Minnie Mouse on another Ultralight. Enjoy!

5369869195_a442535af5.jpg

that's a sweet homer dye. and yes, those opaque white IONs are a biotch. the only thing worse for me was the pink GL Fuse i just did. it had a bunch of "streaks" in the plastic, making it damn near impossible to line up.

Thanks for the Homer compliments, all :eek:

Shadows on homer look sweet. Do you mask those and dip it in gray for that?

I remask and use a timed dip in Black, not gray. The shoes are Pearl Gray. I've done a few Simpsons discs now, and love how well a quick black suits the shading, looks more Groening-esque to me :hfive: T

We were driving home the other day after going to get dye stuff, and we got a call to the hospital. My wife's dad's girlfriend's appendix put her in surgery. We ended up sitting and waiting for quite awhile. I got out the dye stuff and hand-cut this in the 4Runner while we waited. Then dyed it later that night. It sat in the dash for a bit after cutting before dyeing and the vinyl lost some tack. I thought it was all down really well but a few bleeds still. I instantly loved this dye when it was posted on here awhile back and there is no better disc for it than a TeeBird. My son's 175 Champ TeeBird.

Attachments

• Iwo Jima.jpg
    Iwo Jima.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 86
Thanks for the Homer compliments, all :eek:

I remask and use a timed dip in Black, not gray. The shoes are Pearl Gray. I've done a few Simpsons discs now, and love how well a quick black suits the shading, looks more Groening-esque to me :hfive: T

awesome thanks! i'm dying a simpson disc right now

We were driving home the other day after going to get dye stuff, and we got a call to the hospital. My wife's dad's girlfriend's appendix put her in surgery. We ended up sitting and waiting for quite awhile. I got out the dye stuff and hand-cut this in the 4Runner while we waited. Then dyed it later that night. It sat in the dash for a bit after cutting before dyeing and the vinyl lost some tack. I thought it was all down really well but a few bleeds still. I instantly loved this dye when it was posted on here awhile back and there is no better disc for it than a TeeBird. My son's 175 Champ TeeBird.

looks guldurn nice!:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts