• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing...glad to see peebody dyeing in full force again......did you see what I did there?

129083275877395521.jpg

i've been slacking on the boards...

these are all for kyledstauffer, including 3 more i'm doing right now

HA! he commissioned me to do that same Vader for him, as well as other dyes in that same style. I have done 2 other discs with that Vader for other people as well. Nice job though

Edit: I didn't think AP was into Star Wars

HA! he commissioned me to do that same Vader for him, as well as other dyes in that same style. I have done 2 other discs with that Vader for other people as well. Nice job though

Edit: I didn't think AP was into Star Wars

i'm not :/ i'm just a whore

Those are dope peebs! The contrast on the Yoda disc really catches your eye, even in a thumbnail. was it a green disc originally?

yeah it was a BRIGHT green CFR Katana. all the Star Wars (minus the *Destroyer) and the Serenity dye are all CFR Kats.

If I had known you were doing the exact same dye as me, for the same guy, I'd have tried to outsource my vinyl cutting to you. I've got a lot of tedious detail to cut on these other Star Wars dyes.

Here's one for ya's - Found the pic online, drew the red v myself - Bad part is... I dyed this just last week... then played the Frozen Toes II at Parma Veteran's DGC and lost it in the leaves somewhere at the end of #3, the first hole I played that day! I'm hoping I'll get the call that someone found it, I went back and looked a couple times but to no avail.

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_bxw5n0.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bxw5n0.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 34
:clap: Nice work, Peebz! I imagine the plotter is a major time saver for the cutting part, but the rest of the process is pretty much the same and those are some damn nice dyes. Very clean and well done.:thmbup:

Got bored and did one for my little girl and just one because nothing too tricky, just entertaining. See if you can figure out which is which.

Attachments

• 100_0308.jpg
    100_0308.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_0309.jpg
    100_0309.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 75
Hey peebz, you think you could upload those star wars vectors? That'd be saweeet. I need to do a mass update of our archives...

Here's one for ya's - Found the pic online, drew the red v myself - Bad part is... I dyed this just last week... then played the Frozen Toes II at Parma Veteran's DGC and lost it in the leaves somewhere at the end of #3, the first hole I played that day! I'm hoping I'll get the call that someone found it, I went back and looked a couple times but to no avail.

It's occupying a bag somewhere

You didn't happen to lose it on the 5th, did ya? Might be memorable then

LOVE IT! My second dye was a V and Evie collage ("V for Valkyrie")-- lost it in the thick fairways at Chattooga Belle.

I'm sure you'll notice the all too familiar "free 3M streak bleeds."...
6328758399_eab4640bb6_b.jpg

lol, i bet. i plotted these SOBs

i'm working on a Master Shake "Broodwich" dye now and the Luke Skywalker for kyle.

That'll be sweet. I have the ATHF driver, my Carl midrange, just need to make me a putter to complete the set. Thinking dancing Meatwad.

I'm working on one for kyle as well, just waiting for the disc in the mail and I'll be set to go. Raptor skeleton on a TeeRex, gonna marble some claw rips into the background. Should come out pretty cool.

You wouldn't want to share the vector for that Yoda one, would you?

pleasepleasepleaseplease

Hey peebz, you think you could upload those star wars vectors? That'd be saweeet. I need to do a mass update of our archives...

where do i upload them to? i cut all the light sabers by hand though...so you guys will have to as well. for now, here's the jpegs, you just have to run them through the "trace bitmap" feature on inkscape and voila.

yoda_touched.jpg

waka.jpg

vader_touched.jpg

falcon.png

destroy.jpg

Han Solo's was easy to find on google. just type in Han Solo stencil

That'll be sweet. I have the ATHF driver, my Carl midrange, just need to make me a putter to complete the set. Thinking dancing Meatwad.

I'm working on one for kyle as well, just waiting for the disc in the mail and I'll be set to go. Raptor skeleton on a TeeRex, gonna marble some claw rips into the background. Should come out pretty cool.

IMG02152-20111108-1553.jpg

^^^Awesome, but Master Shake is toothless and thinks that the dental industry is a cover to sell useless appliances and pastes. I'd throw it though, great original idea.

Stamp wore off on my heavily used Gremlin. Had trouble dyeing the S-Line plastic from Discwing. Anybody have problems with this plastic? I'm thinking it is just too roughed up.

IMG00166-20111109-1129.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.