• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I know, this isn't even worthy of being posted here, but I posted it anyway 'cuz it represents a milestone for me. It's my first "commissioned" dye. The guys I've recently started playing with all want some done. So far, I've got a Cartman, a Bullet Bill and a "Beast on a Beast" lined up. I've warned them my skills are limited, so keep them simple.
CIMG8635.jpg
[/IMG]

Mr. Miyagi Dye I finished last week on a Champion Katana.... wax on, wax off

now THIS is the coolest dye I've EVER seen. when friends ask "how do you throw such lasers" i retort with "wax on, wax off. like mr.miyagi!" then proceed to chuckle. Hats off to you, crispydisc!!

Congratulations on the commission, Koogs. I like the triangle. It's clean and also leaves itself open to adding more design in the future.

Champ Monster. I had thought about adding some marbling but was talked out of it. What do you guys think, should I marble it? The red is coming through from the back of the rim that I dyed.

IMG_5084.jpg

Embellished XXX, I hate straight lines! Not too happy about the lettering, but I need the practice. Red came out awesome and mettalicy. Couldn't get a good pic though without the flash.
IMG00201-20111130-1938-1.jpg

Yea ZBoaz, definitely found it's way into my heart and my bag. Here's a new one I finished up this morning, Don Quixote on an X out Star SL.
IMG00209-20111203-0732.jpg

^----- this is cool, I really like the art for Don. Looks good.

Maansmit, I also think marbling would be too much, have you thought about doing highlight colors on Liono and Mumra (spelling?)? One or two strong colors to make them look a little more solid, would really make them jump off the disc.

Thundercats Hooooooo!

Figured on a ton of bleeds but had surprisingly little. This disc is so scuffed and full of deep scratches I figured dye would be everywhere. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Champ Monarch.

Attachments

• Choppa.jpg
    Choppa.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts