• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
for sure man......like someone else said....google is your friend. Google Images what you want on your disc. Change the search to look for "line drawings" "black and white" that's a start.

Been dyeing alllll the time lately! Can't post pics as some are XMas gifts, but will post after the holiday. :tease:
My fingers are many diffferent shades, and my B-spec driver in Gran Turismo 5 is almost to Schumacher skill level :)

Very nice. Was that glue you used to mask it off?

Thanks, No its actually handcut vinyl. I thought about using glue but I wasn't sure if I could get the crisp thin lines I wanted where I wanted them. It looks random but its based off of something in physics called a bubble chamber. I don't know a lot about I just know it looks sweet.

ESP Predator FLX

leaf.jpg

sigh.. I wish

I pull a bunch of corners up and then pull it off under warm water, get some good tweezers for sure

I intentionally rinse it for about 5 minutes before peeling off anything to ensure I won't get any blurring (like peabody's ace disc effect). Since the dye is hot, I don't think a minute or two of hot water while peeling off vinyl can hurt. Fridging it afterwards is worthwhile though.

For some of my dyes, I convert a photo in Photoshop. Convert to B&W adjust contrast to bring out the highlights, Posterize, then adjust the threshold to were you think it would make a great two tone shot.

just finished this white x-cal
Dude, I love the design on that one. Simple but awesome, very original. :thmbup:

Thanks guys. That one was plotter cut. Not too bad to weed but took a while to get all the vinyl off after dyeing. It all came off in little pieces. Anybody have ways to peel vinyl easier? I use oracal 651.

forget so soon? I totally weeded that one, you dyed it a few days afterward by yourself. Team effort! :hfive:

spaceman, did you plot that for him?

if you did, would you mind sharing that stencil? if i ever throw a green disc, i want that dyed on it.

So here we go! My latest dye attempt. I feel a bit more worthy to post this one.

The few things I thought but didn't think of. I thought it would take for ever to cut. It took maybe 20 min. I thought it would take for ever to set, it took maybe 20 min. I was worried about the dye because it was all islands with lots of edges to keep track of. It actually went pretty well. The one thing I did not think of was removing the sticky icky to reveal the finished product. It took me probably close to 45 min. Either way I had fun doing it and I hope you all like it!

IMG_2799.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.