• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Dyes

These are my first dyes. Actually did them before I ran into all the sick dyes and info on this thread! Definitely want to do some color now.

The beard one was something I saw on a t-shirt a long time ago. That's on a used tourney-stamped (deep!!!) TeeBird someone gave me.

The silhouettes are my family (just had our third boy) on a used Groove. Figured that disc wasn't any good for anything else so I may as well dye it. Now that it has my fam on it though I'm tempted to use it more.

Attachments

• Disc Dyes.jpg
    Disc Dyes.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 127
Dan, that Haida disc is sick, I've been wanting to do one of those for a while. Finally getting through all these commissioned discs I've had laying around.

Here's 3 I finished up for maansmit:

GL%252520Striker%252520-%252520Dos%252520Equis.jpg

GL Striker

GL%252520Pain%252520-%252520Lumbergh.jpg

GL Pain

Champion%252520Banshee%252520-%252520Alan.jpg

Champion Banshee
I need that hangover disc

These are my first dyes. Actually did them before I ran into all the sick dyes and info on this thread! Definitely want to do some color now.

The beard one was something I saw on a t-shirt a long time ago. That's on a used tourney-stamped (deep!!!) TeeBird someone gave me.

The silhouettes are my family (just had our third boy) on a used Groove. Figured that disc wasn't any good for anything else so I may as well dye it. Now that it has my fam on it though I'm tempted to use it more.

i would like the beard one good sir. lmk if youre interested in trading/selling..

Trozzle, why is it that all your designs seem like they are from the black velvet paintings you see at a flea market? Can't wait to see the muppets :D

Feeling pretty uninspired today... One for the bag, lost my stalker last week and here's the replacement. First done by the likeable and oh so wonderfully opinionated Apoth.

abidestalkersDSC_7773.jpg

and another, Kris, props to you for hand cutting one of these. I'll only get $20 but it took me about 45min ('cuz I was eatin' lunch too).

zigzagSWsDSC_7777.jpg

Dan, My multicolors do end up looking like the Black Velvet paintings in flea markets, but I like the results. Even if we dont agree on things, I hope you, and others like them too. The "Muppets" disc is looking good and also working on a sick "Judge Dredd" one too :)

Apparently Josh Anthon isnt a fan of this disc. He says on my facebook page that it promotes a negative image about disc golf. Im thinking dude, go smoke a bowl an chill. I am not a smoker at all. I dont dislike it, but its not my thing.

Photo_25A95725-6675-DD48-CBA5-B587C76D94A2.jpg

As a disc golfer, maybe it isnt the best image to promote our sport, but then, I wasnt trying to promote disc golf. A customer, who happens to smoke, wanted it, so I did it.

I'm trying to decide if I wanna dye an Archon with something archon themed, but I realized I have no idea what an archon is. Any ideas?

Archon From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Gr. ἄρχων, pl. ἄρχοντες) is a Greek word that means "ruler" or "lord", frequently used as the title of a specific public office. It is the masculine present participle of the verb stem ἀρχ-, meaning "to rule", derived from the same root as monarch, hierarchy and anarchy.

Still did the Archon, but went a different route. Zombie Hunter Zero Dye. (Zombie Emergency Response Operations) On my son's Champ Archon. I'm open to ideas for the bottom text. Thought it'd be cool to have DGCR # in one and PDGA # in the other. But we are leaning towards Double-Tap and Cardio.

Attachments

• Zombie Dye.jpg
    Zombie Dye.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 92
Dan, that Haida disc is sick, I've been wanting to do one of those for a while. Finally getting through all these commissioned discs I've had laying around.

Here's 3 I finished up for maansmit:

Haha, he's gonna have a bag full of dyes soon! Just sent him a Buzzz and my Purdue River (River's for his friend though).
The buzzz is just a Captain America shield, so not really worth posting...

Haha, he's gonna have a bag full of dyes soon! Just sent him a Buzzz and my Purdue River (River's for his friend though).
The buzzz is just a Captain America shield, so not really worth posting...

Hah, yea he is, and if he keeps dyeing stuff for himeself, he'll have a good collection going from multiple dyers.

First partial wipe for me. This is my distance driver. I like it off center, and very basic. FR Nuke.
247852_197086713670382_100001071655062_546723_5107037_n.jpg

Commissioned Buzzz SS.
253964_197083617004025_100001071655062_546697_7346960_n.jpg

Crappy webcam pics. I did three dyes yesterday too... post them later with better qual.

I'm trying to decide if I wanna dye an Archon with something archon themed, but I realized I have no idea what an archon is. Any ideas?

I'd love to see someone put a Dark Archon from Starcraft on a disk. I've been thinking about doing it myself but I'm not sure how to approach the challenge. It's got a lot of gradient work.
Here's a pic of the unit, but some folks have done sweet artwork themselves...
http://archive.rpgclassics.com/subsites/starcraft/images/darkarchon.gif
Nerdy, yes, but I think it'd look pretty cool. Just a suggestion :)

that was what I thought of when he mentioned it...well, that or a regular Archon unit...depnding on the color of the disc :D :hfive:
Hell, hardest part is finding a big enough resolution picture to start from...
OOooh....
Darkhigh_2.jpg

Its ambiguous enough that you can do almost anything you want...hell, my splatterhouse dye is like halfway there already!

Last edited:
I haven't posted in a while. Wolverine, Darth Vader, and Spawn.

The wolverine skin tone came out a little darker than i wanted. (mexican wolverine i guess) Looking to do a marbled background of some sort maybe a big X in yellow and black

The darth Vader was to man up a pink disc, i want to add a cape

Spawn was for a buddy of mine

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 120