• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Teebird - a thrower for me. The Wichita State logo and Swirly are commissioned for a few friends. I know they are basic, but soon i plan on stepping my game up and trying a few new techniques. Any suggestions on what different things are a good next step to the dye game?

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Three completed Tuesday night. Leonidas on a Champ Monarch for a coworker (white box is to cover his phone #), Buddy Christ on an Opto Striker, and Ralph Wiggum on an Opto Pain.

Attachments

• 300.jpg
    300.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 49
  • Buddy Christ.jpg
    Buddy Christ.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Ralph.jpg
    Ralph.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 36
Two new dye's

I did the gator head while watching Swamp People. Great show...I am going to try a couple more.

And a Bruins Logo for a friend. A little off center, and still need to work on my line work a little. But the colors came out well. I was worried at first that the Black was looking purple.

hey bennet, the soundwaves on that sparkle aftershock, is there any special significance?

they may be. i sent him a suggested one but he found a much better one. regardless i love it. Havent seen anyone else with that combination. prob helps not many around here throw the aftershock.

I'm not ripping on it, but I thought it looked more like a sound recording....

either way, it's awesome.

I didnt think you were. Bennett is ridiculously good. and he keeps getting better. all props go to him.

And a few more.

Wraith
picture.php

Sparkle Nuke
picture.php

These are my Hunger Games tribute discs

Glow Gazelle (looks like the moon when glowing)
picture.php

Buzzz SS
picture.php

Not as much detail as I normally do, but love the colors. Plus it's nice to switch it up for a change and do something besides superheroes.

hey bennet, the soundwaves on that sparkle aftershock, is there any special significance?

I think I know what you're asking, is it the drum beat to a Beatles song or the heartbeat of a baby seal or something, but no, it's just a nice seismograph :)
Not the easiest design to weed.....but it came out great.

Glad you like em, TOURNEYPLAYER! They do fly better dyed, don't they? :thmbup:

Glad you like em, TOURNEYPLAYER! They do fly better dyed, don't they? :thmbup:

I got my Sparty Buzzz back, my buddy's keep asking how I kept parking mid shots with it. So i think this answers your question.

I always love coming to this thread!!! AWESOME work folks!

I just finished cutting a stencil (2 days worth of hand cutting, and now I am cross eyed)...... It should be posted up tomorrow evening.

I always love coming to this thread!!! AWESOME work folks!
Ain't it the truth!

jdw not much off time in your day off, sweet batch, that gazelle... :hfive:! Bennett, hate to be nitpicky but you read those seismo charts from left to right, you got a bunch of pre-shocks, minor trembles if you will, not aftershocks ;).

Any suggestions on what different things are a good next step to the dye game?
Hey Josh, I meant to get back to this one sooner. Your stencil work is really coming along and you've done several nice 2 and 3 color, what about a 5 or 6 color. I remember the first one I did, a spirograph sunflower, real pain but so are all the best learning experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts