• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

Joz said:
I just got my c-line PDs in the mail, and I gotta say that I'm a little disappointed. The PLH of the regular runs is way lower than my AO/big D CPDs. I think the plastic feels cheap too. Gonna go throw them shortly...

That's not surprising in the least. I've been saying all along that Jussi/Dave D. used whatever Innova's "stabilization process" is so that they came out unnaturally overstable for a PD. It makes sense considering Discmania does not have a truly overstable disc in their lineup. They also used stiff plastic to make them further overstable and also to keep them that way as long as possible. I'm glad I possess many CFR CPDs, and I'm also glad that I'm still on my first one. I'm also glad that the production run of C-PDs sounds like it will fly truer to how a PD should. The CFR ones don't really, and would not be embraced by many throwers due to their overstability and lack of glide.

Oh I understand and agree. I'm just whining because it means I might have to buy more cfr PDs.

Yeah, what would be nice would be if one production run of C-PD's was done the old way, and another run done the new way. Or at least every so often have a run of the more overstable ones at least, make it a once a year special deal or something.

Wanted to add that the PLH of these c-lines I have seems to be roughly the same compared to my red champystar PDs

Joz said:
Wanted to add that the PLH of these c-lines I have seems to be roughly the same compared to my red champystar PDs

I would be highly disappointed if the stock c-line PDs had stability similar to the red champystart PDs. I would be quite satisfied if the stability was more like the white s-PDs or the yellow one's everyone is talking about.

I too have a stockpiling of the stiff, overstable, minimal glide c-pds and love each and everyone of them.

im actually glad to hear that the stock cpds are similar to the spds somewhat. i was hoping they would b domier and have more glide so go toss them suckers and report back!!

Booter said:
im actually glad to hear that the stock cpds are similar to the spds somewhat. i was hoping they would b domier and have more glide so go toss them suckers and report back!!

Mine definitely have some dome on them. Comparable to the standard s-pds. Hopefully I'll get out on the course within a couple hours.

Joz said:
Booter said:

Mine definitely have some dome on them. Comparable to the standard s-pds. Hopefully I'll get out on the course within a couple hours.

And report back!

Well I got a chance to throw both of the c-pds, and while I am not a cunning linguist when it comes to disc reviews, I have to say that they both were a bit more HSS compared to the s-pds. Also, they definitely had more glide compared to the cfr c-pds. In my opinion I guess I would say that in terms of flight they fell between a new s-line and a new c-line....but more towards the s-line end of the spectrum.

just when i was doubting my PD's today i went to the course and threw some amazing shots with them. I know it wasnt the discs but me the last month or so who were playing like poo but it felt good to go out and put back to back rounds of good discgolf together.

Joz said:
Well I got a chance to throw both of the c-pds, and while I am not a cunning linguist when it comes to disc reviews, I have to say that they both were a bit more HSS compared to the s-pds. Also, they definitely had more glide compared to the cfr c-pds. In my opinion I guess I would say that in terms of flight they fell between a new s-line and a new c-line....but more towards the s-line end of the spectrum.

That's pretty much what I was hoping for...Sounds like something that could go straight into my bag.

Everyone who's got a production run C-PD at hand: Please check if the rim is slanted, ASAP.

I got my new production run C-PD today and the rim IS slanted.
I also noticed same thing with my new Jesse Heinonen S-line PD :shock:

I'm betting it's an oversight or something else, I can see Dave D. pulling off that sort of thing of but I doubt Jussi would do it on purpose...

I haven't thrown the new C-PD yet so I can't testify as to whether or not the slanted rim is going to be bad or not. I'm really curious to see how much, if any, the rim is going to affect someone's throw.