• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

aw man bummer about barsby. i met him this past summer while he was in town for the mad city open. great guy great attitude he was battling the elbow thing back then. i hope this is just a bump in the road for him and he can return to form soon. disc golf needs more barsbys not less.

The barsby news is pretty sad, he was killing it for a while before this flared up. Hope he gets better ahead of schedule.

Guess they updated it -

image2993.png

From Zoe AnDyke:

Tonight I have the opportunity to share some very special news! I must begin with a big THANK YOU to Legacy Discs for the last 3 seasons, I have genuinely enjoyed throwing your plastic, and have nothing but gratitude in my heart for the opportunity to do so. Bamba Rico and Steve Rico, you are HERO status in my heart, and I will always have big Love and appreciation for you and the family:)
As I continue to expand my horizons and grow as a Professional, so does my level of commitment to the game, the players, teaching and speaking about Disc Golf. It is with the greatest HONOR and EXCITEMENT that I announce Innova Champion Discs as my 2016 Disc Sponsor! I opened the letter yesterday, and chill-waves of joy, excitement, thankfulness, and so many more emotions filled my heart! Goosebumps showed up on my skin and that is truly the beginning of one of the sweetest stories I will share about the successes of this year!!

Chill waves of joy, and goosebumps? Is Innova that much better than Legacy?

:\

Chill waves of joy, and goosebumps? Is Innova that much better than Legacy?

:\

The gooesbumps could be about whatever money or other opportunities come with the sponsorship as much as anything else. But Innova has been the "Choice of Champions" for a long time. So I guess there is still a positive stigma associated with getting a sponsorship offer from them.

Athletes following the money has always bothered me. If the Ricos mean so much to you, then stay loyal to them. And that's just the example given above, but you see it played out every year, in all sports.

Having said that, I was the one who made the thread about the "Innova advantage." Zoe might really be getting a much sweeter deal, which could help her win.

Athletes following the money has always bothered me. If the Ricos mean so much to you, then stay loyal to them. And that's just the example given above, but you see it played out every year, in all sports.

Having said that, I was the one who made the thread about the "Innova advantage." Zoe might really be getting a much sweeter deal, which could help her win.

Staying loyal to a fault is a good way to ruin your bargain position in any negotiation and hurt your earning potential. The Ricos are in a much better position than her financially as the owners of a manufacturing company vs. a female athlete in a niche professional sport. Her leaving doesn't make a dent on the Rico's income and financial stability. Her staying and/or refusing to negotiate with another company out of loyalty could potentially greatly affect her income and financial stability.

In a sport where the pros make so little she has to take whatever offer is best for her to have any chance of even breaking even while travelling to compete.

Legacy still has Ohn. Ohn is 950 something and Zoe is just above 9. I agree it Dosent effect Legacy much if any. In fact I think Zoe is extremely blessed to have the opportunity to have innova as a sponsor. Good luck to her, hope she plays good this year.

Really sucks to hear that about Barsby. He was on a good roll last year. Hope he comes back, always good times watching him play.

According to Zoe on Smashboxx, she's good buddies with Paige. So perhaps the evil empire's plot is to maximize peer pressure and crush PP's resistance to assimilation.

According to Zoe on Smashboxx, she's good buddies with Paige. So perhaps the evil empire's plot is to maximize peer pressure and crush PP's resistance to assimilation.
Though if PP goes to Innova she won't get a signature disc, even if she wins at worlds this year. At least with Prodigy they give away signature discs like candy to players who have never won a world championship...
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Latest posts