• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

This part is appropriate for the discs forum :D

I think the Aviar is a completely unremarkable disc in all its iterations. I have little doubt he could crush an Ion. More likely an Anode though if we are replacing an Aviar?? Honestly my favorite throwing putter from MVP is the Atom, and I bet he would do really well with a stack of those.

Conrad throws BB Aviars, and when I felt an Ion I thought it felt similar. Also the Ion might be the furthest flying putter I've ever thrown so Conrad could probably throw them like 450'+.

Conrad throws BB Aviars, and when I felt an Ion I thought it felt similar. Also the Ion might be the furthest flying putter I've ever thrown so Conrad could probably throw them like 450'+.
He likes them soft too, maybe they'll bring back the plaz Ion. Elmex would become an instant fanboy and buy a dozen JC tour series plaz Ions, no matter the price.
I would buy up Conrad signature Envy's and Proxy's the way other people buy up McBeth Lunas. Just saying.
I reckon he can throw an Envy and Ion both 450 but the Ion makes more sense based on his current putter preference.

I heard he used to torch courses with envy's prior to him signing with Innova. But I only heard it, don't have a link or experience.

"And I think it's kind of crappy for people to not recognize Sarah Hokom or Elaine King as big names. They are world champions after all, and isn't Hokom ranked #3 amongst women currently?"

TBH I didn't even realize thy were MVP. My bad, not trying to be discriminatory or anything.
That said, Conrad would easily be their most Elite player if he were to make the move.

I'm not a fan. He was 998-rated and still playing MA1, which is well into sandbagging territory. Yes I know he's allowed to, but it doesn't mean I don't think less of him. He lets his dog run around the course without a leash and made a show of not wearing a mask into a convenience store in one of their videos. Comes off as a very selfish guy.

Whoa, this dude sounds awesome! :thmbup:

I'm not a fan. He was 998-rated and still playing MA1, which is well into sandbagging territory.

He documented it as a year of playing open tournaments as an am to help him prepare for am worlds which he won and then went pro.

I heard he used to torch courses with envy's prior to him signing with Innova. But I only heard it, don't have a link or experience.
James is local to me, I've been playing against him since... 2008? He wasn't even in high school yet when he moved here (Virginia) and it was way before he had dreds.

He's always thrown Aviar X since the first time I met him. I'm not saying he hasn't thrown gyro before, I just don't remember it. I definitely remember getting spanked by those stupid Aviar Xs though.

Breaker was my thought, checked to confirm it being closest disc to the Gator that Discraft/DGA make.

Breaker is a less stable Zone (with a bead)

The DGA Quake or Discraft Drone fly the most like a Gator, but a Malta feels more like one (big bead, small diameter), still OS but not like a Gator from what I've seen.

. . . And I think it's kind of crappy for people to not recognize Sarah Hokom or Elaine King as big names. They are world champions after all, and isn't Hokom ranked #3 amongst women currently?

Sadly, women's divisions in any sport are taken less seriously (NOT saying that it's right). Aside from the LPGA and tennis (unsure of the name of the female division), what sports are they commonly televised in? Spoken about on ESPN? College softball? Not trying to bash women, I'm 100% on team everyone, just speaking a truth.

Hell, as an avid UFC fan, I struggle to watch the women fight because it always goes to decision - no knockouts OR submissions...when most of the 15 minute fights spend 10+ on the ground. Adjust accordingly for the championship 25 minute fights.

Coming from someone that owns more than one Glow Pinnacle Hokom Clutch:)

Breaker is a less stable Zone (with a bead)

The DGA Quake or Discraft Drone fly the most like a Gator, but a Malta feels more like one (big bead, small diameter), still OS but not like a Gator from what I've seen.

I was thinking of what most Pro players use the Gator for, an approach disc to short OS midrange, hence the Breaker in premium filling that slot and be a tad more putter like for approach yet have the right feel in the wing shape. Malta is a small diameter ROC like disc.

I guess it comes down to feel or flight. The aviar has a nice chunky tall in the hand feel. I'm pulling for an envy.

Maybe he will go crazy on the ohm and accelerate their new plastic releases! But chunky.. Hmmm that sounds Atom like.

Hard to imagine JC without his Aviars but from what I hear MVP makes some outstanding throwing putters....

Latest posts