• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Caroline Henderson just said in her "in-the-bag" that this might be the last time you will see her throw those disc. . .a new sponsor is close.

But she was also at fault. I understand the car didn't have cup holders....but still it is hot coffee, why would you put it between your legs and open the top? I know she wanted to add creamer and sugar....but couldn't that have been done a better way - like without the cup between your legs?

She did deserve the win since she just wanted McD's to pay her hospital bill and they refused.

The real legal basis for it was the fact that the health code says coffee isn't supposed to be that hot, that McDonalds had been cited multiple times before by inspectors. She just tried to get the medical bills, but when she had to get attorneys, they obviously brought up the history of violations as proof of negligence.

heard a rumor last night at league that lone star dropped nikko cuz of some twitter feud... didn't see anything today. anybody got the lowdown?

heard a rumor last night at league that lone star dropped nikko cuz of some twitter feud... didn't see anything today. anybody got the lowdown?
Haven't heard anything like that. He's still listed as a member of their Pro Touring Team on the companies website.

Havent seen anything about that, so rumor debunked I say.

I know its only year 1 of 10 for Lizotte and MVP but remind me what have MVP done for Simon so far? I am genuinely asking, I havent really looked into it. But, like 1 signature disc?

Again, I know its likely a marathon, not a sprint, but I would love to hear more about what was that special sauce other than longevity and money that won him over. Is it a line of discs or what. Cmon, sprinkle some buzz on the dude, especially now that he got another win.

I know its only year 1 of 10 for Lizotte and MVP but remind me what have MVP done for Simon so far? I am genuinely asking, I havent really looked into it. But, like 1 signature disc?

Again, I know its likely a marathon, not a sprint, but I would love to hear more about what was that special sauce other than longevity and money that won him over. Is it a line of discs or what. Cmon, sprinkle some buzz on the dude, especially now that he got another win.
The special sauce is the life changing lucrative contract. Simon could throw discs made from bugs scraped off a windshield and pressed into a disc shape and still put himself in contention with other elite players.

The special sauce is the life changing lucrative contract. Simon could throw discs made from bugs scraped off a windshield and pressed into a disc shape and still put himself in contention with other elite players.
Life changing, indeed.
MVP made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon and MVP may still be working out what Simon is looking for in a disc. First he has to get familiar with what is available, then he has to figure out what he is missing. Then they can work together to make a new disc. But so far it's been the Lizottle and the Glitsch. MVP also seems to have issues keeping discs in stock just with what they already have out. Anyone find a Watt at their local shop or online? Now the Tempo is part of the Circuit Challenge and I've heard people wanting to get that. And MVP's Axiom side just got a new disc approved - the Time-Lapse. Which will be just another disc that is in short supply (Axiom Beam anyone??? That was approved a while ago).

I do like that they signed Simon and hope he remains happy with them....and I would like to see Simon signature discs. But, please MVP, get your production line going and make the already in production discs more available.

Is it too early to speculate where Gannon will end up? My gut tells me Discmania seems like he'd fit in as the next Crush Boy. Can't imagine he'll stick with Prodigy after all the lawsuit stuff earlier but maybe his success this year will serve as a panacea.

Less than 1.5 months till the end of the DGPT 'season' before the wraparound 2024 events happen so not too early to begin speculation here (maybe a new thread after DGPT Championship for 2024).
These are the notable contracts ending in 2023 according to Ultiworld Tracker.
Pierce
M. Gannon
King
Handley
V Mandujano
A Mandujano
Oliva

McMahon
Buhr
Orum
Proctor
Gossage
Harris
Anttila
Lehtinen
Makela

From my brief scan only Silva Saarinen and Miro Ryhanen are top 50 FPO or MPO by UDisc rankings unsponsored by any manufacturer (A. Steen seems to have a mixed bag deal).
Not on the Ultiworld tracker is Ezra Robinson. Last reported contract is up at the end of 2023.

I'd speculate Paige Pierce will extend with Discraft with her injury. Hailey King likely signs up for another year at Innova. Recently healthy Valerie Mandujano could jump to Mint to be with her husband Mason Ford but just as likely to stay with Discraft and extend there with her sister. Holyn Handley and Missy Gannon both seem like they want to test the market and find the best offer. I could see DD or Lat64 trying to get one or both for a better US FPO presence when Tattar is home in Estonia. MVP probably should pursue another FPO competitor as well.

MPO side there are a lot of names but Eagle McMahon and Vaino Makela are probably the most established & marketable players globally. I expect Gannon Buhr to compete for the next couple decades but he is still a teenager and some brands may not pursue him hoping he can develop the business mindset to market himself & their brand long term. Discmania has two of their 3 top players up for new contracts so I expect they will want to sign both of them. I'm not sure their sales have been good enough this year to also pursue Buhr (maybe they were last year before Lizotte left). Innova could pursue a few MPO players on the list above but I don't know if any would move the needle for them in the U.S. other than Eagle. Lat64/Westside both would want to retain Orum and Lehtinen I think.

MVP seems to have made a wise choice and are following through—as is Simon.

Not just playing great, but they seem to be on the same track with regard to disc development.

Latest posts