• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

One of the first things I was told by those "in the know", about Innova, is that they are laser-focused on themselves and sponsorships benefit for them and to them.
One might conclude that this attitude makes them a bit myopic, and unable to see the BIG picture.

While JC may be a really nice guy, and while JC might have won the USDGC a year ago, one wonders if he has sold the expected volume of discs for Innova.
I suspect that he has nowhere near the economic impact that Innova hoped for.
If that is true, Innova's deal for him may have failed to meet his expectations.

History to this point would indicate that Innova is likely more capable of seeing the BIG picture than any other manufacturer. They miscalculated on the value of McBeth but other than that I see zero evidence to the contrary.

(...and having known him for quite some time James is indeed a wonderful guy.)

One of the first things I was told by those "in the know", about Innova, is that they are laser-focused on themselves and sponsorships benefit for them and to them.
One might conclude that this attitude makes them a bit myopic, and unable to see the BIG picture.

While JC may be a really nice guy, and while JC might have won the USDGC a year ago, one wonders if he has sold the expected volume of discs for Innova.
I suspect that he has nowhere near the economic impact that Innova hoped for.
If that is true, Innova's deal for him may have failed to meet his expectations.

Is it me though or does Innova seem to do little to market their players? It's always seemed that way to me. Take Calvin Heimburg for example. Phenomenal talent. Other than us die hards, who even really knows his name?

Discraft has their players plastered everywhere. Prodigy seems to be doing well with KJ. Trilogy, well you guys all know their style.

It just seems like it's 100% up to Innova players to market themselves, and in turn move plastic, with little help from the company.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not big on the social media thing these days so maybe I miss it. I always just thought that Innova, especially for it's size, could do more to promote it's stars.

Hannum to Prodigy on a two year deal announced. We all saw it coming, but it's official.

Thomas Gilbert to Prodigy as well. They announced a bunch of resigning and signings last night.

Thomas Gilbert to Prodigy as well. They announced a bunch of resigning and signings last night.

That prodigy team is starting to look scary. Hannum to me is meh, but if Gilbert can get more consistent, adding him to Kevin Jones and Dickerson makes a dang good team. Especially if you add in Seppo. I like their off-season.

That prodigy team is starting to look scary. Hannum to me is meh, but if Gilbert can get more consistent, adding him to Kevin Jones and Dickerson makes a dang good team. Especially if you add in Seppo. I like their off-season.

Ezra and Isaac Robinson are pretty good as well, I wouldn't be shocked if Ezra passed Matt Dollar for the best player in the GA scene at some point in the next 18 months.

Ezra and Isaac Robinson are pretty good as well, I wouldn't be shocked if Ezra passed Matt Dollar for the best player in the GA scene at some point in the next 18 months.

Judging from their ratings both the Robinsons have already passed Matt. Alden Harris too...

(but Feldberg is currently Georgia's top rated player)

Judging from their ratings both the Robinsons have already passed Matt. Alden Harris too...

(but Feldberg is currently Georgia's top rated player)

I suppose in ratings you are right, but in any given event locally Dollar is still considered "the guy to beat".

I actually made the argument that Ezra was better than Matt at league a few weeks ago and you would have thought I said that Lightning was the best disc manufacturer.

Ezra Aderhold

Ezra just posted that he will once again be represented by otb (no shocker) and teased more announcements coming with warning don't believe everything you see. But in his picture he is throwing his P2 on hole 2 at hornets nest but it now has a warden stamp on it from dd. And is liking all the comments saying dynamic discs. You think Ezra is toying with us or really going that way. Dynamic was one of the last companies I would have thought but could make sense with his social media presence.

In response to drew not representing his sponsor in some of the previous posts. He kept stating in the Facebook post that his agreement was to bag 3 molds from legacy (recluse, Vegance, phantom warrior) and in an interview I believe he said that infinite had no stipulation about him throwing any of there molds only discs they carry which is literally almost everything. So It sounds like he fulfilled his end of the agreement as well as making several feature/lead cards with legacy plastered across his back. And he said he is staying with infinite and open to another sponsor but didn't sound promising from his comments.

Looks like Infinite is going to play a much bigger role with Gibson, including handling orders for his merchandise company.

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/live...rships-gets-more-support-from-infinite-discs/

Ezra just posted that he will once again be represented by otb (no shocker) and teased more announcements coming with warning don't believe everything you see. But in his picture he is throwing his P2 on hole 2 at hornets nest but it now has a warden stamp on it from dd. And is liking all the comments saying dynamic discs. You think Ezra is toying with us or really going that way. Dynamic was one of the last companies I would have thought but could make sense with his social media presence.

I don't know much about OTB (are they just a retailer?) but I will be shocked if Ezra goes the mutli sponsored route and doesn't land a big exclusive sponsorship deal. :confused:

Looks like Madison Walker is no longer with Innova. They posted on their IG today a list of all team members and she's nowhere to be found. Interesting.

Latest posts