• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

DGA Source - https://twitter.com/disc_golf/status/1346549255276785667

Interesting to see DGA pick up Noah + Trevor Harbolt this year, after a few years of inactivity. I thought DGA were dying out as a brand, but I guess they're still kicking. But will this really translate into disc sales for them?

With Noah gone from Innova, does that mean Bradley Williams is the last remaining high-level Nova thrower?

I've always enjoyed watching Noah on video coverage, because of those gorgeous Nova throws. He had a ridiculously pretty shot at the Master's Cup hybrid course a couple of years ago too, I think with a Leopard.

I'm not sure those brands don't benefit from player results more than the Innovas of the world.

There is a single mold that I've purchased because I watched a pro throw it. Prodiscus Jokeri and Kevin Jones.

Whoa... I guess Noah wasn't making Innova enough dough ;)

Kids really good. Will be fun to see him get better!

I think he has a really high ceiling that we haven't seen yet. This is a move I wasn't expecting, especially to DGA. I haven't had to update my spreadsheet much this offseason.

The DGA sponsorship moves may be somewhat coordinated with Discraft since Discraft makes most of the discs for DGA and DGA makes most/all? baskets for Discraft. So, they have joint interests in pros promoting either one.

I believe they are set up as completely different entities. DGA barely sponsors anyone, before this year they had a roster of fewer than 10 players and suddenly they have expanded by 20 percent.

Weird pick up for them but I'm sure they are using some of that Covid money to grow their roster

Not seeing the reason for DM retaining him. He's the odd man out in the camp of crush boys. (No wins in the last 3 seasons doesn't help.)

I doubt they're breaking the bank to retain him. Night Strikes seem to sell well enough and he does a lot for the game outside of getting beat by the usual suspects. Like Simon also does on the regular. :|

Not seeing the reason for DM retaining him. He's the odd man out in the camp of crush boys. (No wins in the last 3 seasons doesn't help.)

They sponsor a ton of people. He has his name attached to a really popular disc. He is impossible to dislike. And he is really good about clinics, interviews, working as an announcer, and so forth. If there is value in sponsoring players, then having him go somewhere else would be a loss.

They sponsor a ton of people. He has his name attached to a really popular disc. He is impossible to dislike. And he is really good about clinics, interviews, working as an announcer, and so forth. If there is value in sponsoring players, then having him go somewhere else would be a loss.

He has 20k instagram followers. :clap: I never would have guessed that. Social media is huge for sponsors, so I get it.

He has 20k instagram followers. :clap: I never would have guessed that. Social media is huge for sponsors, so I get it.

He did some kind of local clinic or played a local tournament or league and sold some discs or something last year. A lot of pros do that, but might only throw up a post on IG and let the local shops and TD types do the rest. Nate was joining local groups, interacting with people before the event, letting them know what to expect, following up with people, and so forth.

If I had a company, I'd pick him over a lot of dudes that are rated 15 or 20 points higher.

I think Discmania's been pretty clear about wins not being that important. But they also proved you don't need a team full of champions to move product.

Their discs are awesome, at the end of the day you're actual product matters. Gimmicks and hype only go so far, if you're selling a quality product at a fair market price you're going to do well in almost any market. Usi gets it.

Latest posts