• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The pros on your local course

cjrogus

I bet I could throw a FH here.
What touring Pro do you think could shoot the best on you local course. I watch videos of them playing all over the place and think that shot just wouldn't work here or that wouldn't be relevant. Like rollers. Being a great roller would no effect on my course.

I think Big Jerm would have a great shot at the course record at my local course Poor House. It has a lot of forehand friendly holes that demand a late fade to the right.

My home course is short and wooded. MJ could probably tear it up with just a Comet.

The courses around here are a joke.

(Within a 10-15 drive anyway)

Michael Johansen has the course record during a sanctioned round at my home course (Glenn Hilton, 42 on OG 18 holes) as well as at several other excellent technical courses in the state (ex. Castle Hayne, Bradford) MJ is insane on a technical wooded course when he really gets a round rolling.

Last edited:
MJ because he could slay our wooded courses. Bradley Williams already slayed the hardest course at Farragut State Park with a -13 (that's ridiculously solid). Nikko and Dave already slayed all the course records at Four Mounds just outside Spokane. So any of those guys would be just fine

He shot 15 aces and 3 birdies in a single round!!!??? Whoah.
Obviously you have not played Castle Hayne Park. And I don't consider an ace into anything round related. More times than not Aces are bad shots that get lucky.

Michael Johansen plays our course pretty well---it rewards placement and consistency more than huge distance. Our intent is that it also reward quality and versatility, so I'd expect most of the top 20 would tear it up.

At all of the courses in this area -18 is very possible and although difficult, wouldn't require any shots that all the touring pros couldn't make. So you could just take 10 of the top guys and have them play it until someone does it first.

I don't know if any touring pros have traveled to central Minnesota recently, but I'm pretty sure the local pros would still rule the roost around here.

Obviously you have not played Castle Hayne Park. And I don't consider an ace into anything round related. More times than not Aces are bad shots that get lucky.

Well, don't say "perfect" and I wouldn't assume it's the best score possible.

I would expect that if anyone could break our course record, then most of the top Pros could. It's par'd for kids just learning the game, so it's over par'd, but even with that, to break the course record, you would either have to shoot all 2's (including a ~500' hole), or have an ace with all 2's except that hole. I regularly drive in the 430-450 range on that hole and have never shot a 2.