• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The pros on your local course

MJ has the course record at -15 on the technical Plantation Ruins course (this would be about a 1065 round); Big Jerm also played it and scored about -12/-13. I would expect McBeth or Wysocki to be in the vicinity of -15. What surprises me is that Ricky lives less than 15 minutes away when he's not touring and I do not know if he has crossed out path.

Matt Dollar has course records for both my local courses, any of the top flight guys could beat him there on a given day, but a good tommy/thumber helps at both of them. MacBeth, Wynsoki and Kolling would all do great.

At my closest local course, you would have a huge logjam at 10 under (it's a 10 hole course). I would imagine anyone rated over 1000 (totally arbitrary rating break) could shoot a "perfect" round there given a few tries.

The course is Lombard Commons. Not too many obstacles, and the longest hole is about 350' with everything else under 300'. I think my best is 4 under.:wall:

craig gangloff has held the course record at hawk hollow (52) for a long time at this point- 47 is perfect there imo so one of the big guns could improve on it in theory but it hasn't happened yet.

I don't know if any touring pros have traveled to central Minnesota recently, but I'm pretty sure the local pros would still rule the roost around here.
I'd think Hidden Lake would really separate the wheat from the chaff. I can't see anybody having an easy day on that course.

Thread drift.... does anyone know if feldberg still holds the record at flip? And if so, what did he shoot(and was the layout any different than the norm?)

I've thrown a 20 on my local 9 holer and have heard of a few others doing that as well. I haven't heard of anything lower. All holes are deuce-able by anybody who can throw far enough to get within range of the longest hole- 385 ft. I'm sure a few pros could hit an 18 or better but they wouldn't do it in the first round. They would miss a putt or two or knick a tree on one hole or another.

I'd think Hidden Lake would really separate the wheat from the chaff. I can't see anybody having an easy day on that course.

For sure. That course is hard. Long and very tight, decent water carries. Huge scoring spread there I would imagine.

I don't know if any touring pros have traveled to central Minnesota recently, but I'm pretty sure the local pros would still rule the roost around here.

I doubt that. I think it's amazing that the touring pros can seem to go anywhere and kill it. Unless one of the locals is 1020+ rated already (Cale), the locals have no chance against the majority of the touring pros.

Nikko was once at my local course to play our doubles league and was talking smack about how he could shoot -21 on our 27 hole course from the long tees. The course is mostly open, so any of the touring pros could potentially tear it up. I think McBeth would have the best chance simply because the course is mostly open and McBeth seems to excel on them.

I heard ricky birdied all but two holes at my home course, hudson springs.

The courses around here are a joke.

(Within a 10-15 drive anyway)

Be glad you have courses within 10-15 minutes. ;)

I think any of the touring pros could utterly shred my local course, with a nod to the best putters over the longest drivers, since even the course's longer holes have some technical wrinkles off the tee pad that favor a shaped shot over a wide open fling, and there aren't any places where a big arm could just bypass the fairway by throwing a hyzer bomb over it.

Matt Dollar has course records for both my local courses, any of the top flight guys could beat him there on a given day, but a good tommy/thumber helps at both of them. MacBeth, Wynsoki and Kolling would all do great.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Dollar and his peers do at the Cobb County Open B-tier in a couple of weeks. He's note at the elite touring level, but he's certainly on a different level from anyone I play with.

I really would like to see the touring pros trying to putt on cones at my home course. Guys who I feel would struggle bad on cone baskets are avery Jenkins, Dave feldberg and any other push putters. Spin putters rule because they putt level and not high to low. I would think Eric McCabe, Michael Johansen, Cale leiviska and Paul Macbeth would fare well

Mcbeth and Ulibarri came to my home course to play league at Como. They both shot -7. I still hold the record of -11 but they would likely get close if they played the course a few more times. I played my worst round in years that day they came (+7) but redeemed myself and shot -9 the next week.

Mcbeth and Ulibarri came to my home course to play league at Como. They both shot -7. I still hold the record of -11 but they would likely get close if they played the course a few more times. I played my worst round in years that day they came (+7) but redeemed myself and shot -9 the next week.

Either you are really good or you are lying... I find it hard to believe the top pro in the world would "likely get close" if he played your course a few more times, as he would probably beat it by a quite a few.