• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The REAL 2011 Okthrowberfest Voting Thread

Vote for your FOUR favorite Okthrowberfest dyes

• DyeingToPlay -- Moon

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • DyeingToPlay - shaded skull

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • DiscTattooist - Moon Over Cemetary DG

Votes: 55 18.0%
  • DiscTattooist - Jack-O-Evil

Votes: 71 23.2%
  • BennettUA - Friday the 13th homage

Votes: 99 32.4%
  • Askari - Frankenstein

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Askari - Brains-n-Chains

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Moon - Entry of the Undead

Votes: 33 10.8%
  • adamlamar - Frankie goes to Hole-in-the-woods

Votes: 40 13.1%
  • NorthernDisc -- Damien

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Dan Howard - DGCR Fall Tour

Votes: 26 8.5%
  • Dan Howard - October trees

Votes: 189 61.8%
  • Ricky Bobby - Cornucopia

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • bigmanbailye - Count Collossus

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • BigBadBid - Reaper Waiting Room

Votes: 133 43.5%
  • Trozzle -- horrordisc

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • sickdisc.com - Zombie DG'er

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • JSurmann - The Hand

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • jdw80550 - Dia De Los Muertas Skull

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • teamtapin13 - Beautiful Nightmare

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Eky8 - blue witch and jackolantern

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • MartyK - The Killing Joke

Votes: 57 18.6%
  • Burntneuron - Nightmare Princess

Votes: 90 29.4%
  • maansmit - Falling Leaves

Votes: 40 13.1%
  • NoThingness - The Trick-or-Treat'ers

Votes: 11 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So between this thread and the dye a day thread its making it really difficult for me to decide what i want done on the disc i have on the way here.

Great work by all of you i may get into this once im out of college and can afford an addiction that i bet it starts

Really outstanding work, very nice.
Didn't realize some of these results were even possible. Congrats to all you dyers.

I would've sold the Zombie disc for Edge, but I've already done a 24 hour disc for a charity dye comp that starts on the first, and I have to make up for the plastic I bought. Next year I will donate one of my dyes for sure!

WOW, I am honored to be a part of such a stunning field. It is amazing how far our little hobby has come in a year! Great work everyone!

And Dan, I don't know what kind of slack magic you used but last night you only had one entry, and this morning, behold "October Trees"! I doff my cap to you good sir. :hfive:

I'm just not getting the whole trees thing :doh: , but I really like your disc.
I dont know where you got the idea, but the scene really made me chuckle, right down to the teacup.

What model disc did you use triple B ?
Are you going to sell it after the contest ?

I have to say that as an Anthropology major, that skull is extremely well done.

I'm just not getting the whole trees thing :doh:

Cap'n did you miss Bennett's big intro?

"This is OKTHROWBERFEST -- dye your interpretation of what you think that could represent -- the changing seasons, Halloween, Octoberfest; there's no concrete science to it, but something that fits for this time of the disc golfing year. "

WOW! I'm blown away by all of the entries, it was so hard to choose just 4!:(
I ended up flipping a coin to decide on the many that I liked best...
Good luck to all entrants:thmbup:

I was also referring to the first poll that Bennett posted, I didn't see the new poll until the next morning.

And Thanks Cap'n, I really like the teacup too! (the blue detail is tiny little innova stars...) Its on a star viper, and it will be going to a place of distinction in my collection after its turn in the chriofreeze...

That said the EDGE auction idea is wearing on me, I MAY decide to do something...(haha suspense;))

I was also referring to the first poll that Bennett posted, I didn't see the new poll until the next morning.

I see, I had this explanation in my first post to this thread but decided it wasn't really needed. In hindsight I probably should have left it.

The reason the trees disc was missed was that I failed to get the pic to Bennett on time. I thought I had sent it, the two pm's I did send him on the 23rd both had mention of my 2nd disc for the competition. The Trees disc was finished on the 19th, the pic used was taken and posted to photobucket on the 20th. What I think happened was I had the pm with the disc prepared and realized I needed to make my photobucket album private, i went and did that and then closed the window, never actually sending Bennett the pm. Bennett decided the intention was good enough and allowed it in the competition.

My apologies to those that had to vote again because of my blunder and for any confusion it may have caused.

Haha right on, I had wondered about that right away because I knew you had finished two and there was only one! And it didn't have any marbling! Glad that you two worked that out, this comp wouldn't have been the same without it!

Hey Bennett, :hfive:

I never saw the first poll, so yes.
"This is OKTHROWBERFEST -- dye your interpretation of what you think that could represent -- the changing seasons, Halloween, Octoberfest; there's no concrete science to it, but something that fits for this time of the disc golfing year. "

Blah, blah, art, interpretation, snooty art people, individualism.......... the Reaper one still makes me chuckle and I want it.

Latest posts