• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rattling is the only thing that bothers me about the cart and it's really more annoying not a real problem. I really don't think I could go back to a bag I just love the ridge roller.

I was surprised to hear people were having issues with the disc rack I've had my cart since Christmas and I'm very hard on it no course is rough enough to stop me from using my ridge roller. After hearing about durability issues( even though the rack is all I've heard about) I have been putting my cart through some abuse to see what it's flaws are I've been hitting rock jumps and grinding logs and pushing it through river beds of solid rock as rough as I can. I haven't had anything fail yet even my disc rack looks pretty much new no droop or anything, and I carry it full.

So my solution to this was to fill the top shelf and put the remaining discs on the bottom. I rarely fill the bottom, so I use a bungee cord with hooks on the end. Loop it around the higher of the back tubes and hook it to the front of the cart. I try not to have it too tight so as not to put much stress on the tube. This gives the discs something to lay against that can be slid to the side if you take a disc out to throw.

Attach Scabbard to house Scepter?

Has anyone attached a Scabbard to house a Scepter Disc Golf Caddie. I'm thinking this would be great for field work but I'm not sure if/where it would mount on a Delta Cart or Zuca AT in a way that would make it easily accessible (otherwise you won't use it) without causing undue clearance issues when rolling.

You can buy never-flat tubes and put inthe tires. I was told walmart sells a "Bell" brand 26" tire that you can cut in half and use for both tires. Should be less than 15$ and will solve flat tires forever. Im doin this over the weekend. I will post pics to help out my RR peeps

Did this work?

So the video is no longer available, but I was hoping someone on here has done this mod and has a parts list at least? The video was about installing a threaded rod into the bars of the RR rack if memory serves.

From what I remember it was just a 1/4" threaded rod cut to length with a couple self locking nuts on each end.

I like my pricy Delta cart a lot but still find it bad for a hilly course. Pulling it up hill defeats the purpose which is to save these weary Legend leg muscles. I have taken to using a small bag on my hilly home course and a sandy one I play in Santa Fe. As a relative Noobie I don't use a pile of different disc anyway.

From what I remember it was just a 1/4" threaded rod cut to length with a couple self locking nuts on each end.

What is the length of threaded rod? I would need to get it cut at the hardware store, because I don't have a way to do it at home.

Has anyone attached a Scabbard to house a Scepter Disc Golf Caddie. I'm thinking this would be great for field work but I'm not sure if/where it would mount on a Delta Cart or Zuca AT in a way that would make it easily accessible (otherwise you won't use it) without causing undue clearance issues when rolling.

I have a DiscGator , which kinda fit along the pole but was a little unwieldy and have since purchased a Rexarm, which is an extendable pole of almost 12 ft. that fits very nicely right down the back pic So I am guessing the Scepter would fit there the same way.

What's up with the universal backpack cart? It says they're for sale on the ridge roller site but I haven't heard anything about them on here.

Finally got my putter pouch, saddle bags and rainfly in today. Everything is great, but the rainfly doesn't fit over the full saddle bags. If anyone is looking at getting a rainfly, hit me up and I'll throw it over in the marketplace and I'll save you some $$.

So any word on when the backpack cart will be coming out? Want a RR but don't want to buy one if the backpack cart comes out and I can use my Mahal. Thanks

^Ah, thank you. It says it fits a lot of bags but not the Mahal. At least it has dimensions so I can do some measuring.

They have a good side pick of the cart with a grip bag in it. I would think you might run into issues with the tires if you have the side pockets fully extended on the Mahal.

My Grip A series is a very tight fit. Allows for about 15 discs in the main compartment. I say 14 at the end of the video, but meant 15. 16 with the extra putter squeezed in.

Not a ton of space to get at the side pockets.

My Grip A series is a very tight fit. Allows for about 15 discs in the main compartment. I say 14 at the end of the video, but meant 15. 16 with the extra putter squeezed in.

Not a ton of space to get at the side pockets.

If it barley fits the grip A series, then the AX15 would probably not fit at all? Or at least it would render the side pockets unusable because it would be shoved in there so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.