• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

It surprised me how much I ended up liking the disc....I have tried several MVP/Axiom discs and didn't like any of them and none have stayed in my bag except for the Servo.

That's encouraging. I have a Plasma in my bag, but picked up a Neutron as well when I saw it at a tournament recently, simply because I must own all MVP/Axiom 6-7 speeds!

I'm still trying to deduce the flight and decide if I need it. But it is a lovely disc to toss. Very comfortable in the hand.

I have one in my bag just to see what it's like. Turns a little, fades a little more, seems to fly a long way. I like it, but it is very similar to a Hokom Crave for me.

I read somewhere that the Crave was designed to fly like a seasoned Servo so that would make sense

I lost my beat-up Champ Eagle today and don't feel like beating in another one so I ordered a Servo as a replacement. It was between this and an Evader but I'm hoping the Servo is a little more workable on both forehand and backhand.

I lost my beat-up Champ Eagle today and don't feel like beating in another one so I ordered a Servo as a replacement. It was between this and an Evader but I'm hoping the Servo is a little more workable on both forehand and backhand.

I haven't used my Servo for backhand throws for two reasons...

1. it is really flat and that works well for my forehands, but not so much for backhands.
2. I have other discs in that slot (6/7 speed) that work for my backhand.

Lost my Eternal Jackalope off the fairway today after mis-released. While searching (and failing to find) I found a 174g Neutron Servo with no contact info on it. I will peruse this thread again, but was wondering what anybody thinks of this disc - never have thrown one before. One reason I haven't bagged or thrown one is I already have a load of 6 and 7 speeds. In my bag currently are a Star AND Pro Leopard, a K1 Soft Kaxe, a Star Leopard3, (usually, but depends) a VIP Seer, an Opto River, and a Sublime Grackle. All of the aforementioned I throw rhbh except for the Grackle which is one of the discs I do throw for my rhfh in training (lol).

I will give this some throws eventually. Just wanted to know if anybody thinks I could have use for this in my current bag.

Attachments

• 0413241540.jpg
    0413241540.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Lost my Eternal Jackalope off the fairway today after mis-released. While searching (and failing to find) I found a 174g Neutron Servo with no contact info on it. I will peruse this thread again, but was wondering what anybody thinks of this disc - never have thrown one before. One reason I haven't bagged or thrown one is I already have a load of 6 and 7 speeds. In my bag currently are a Star AND Pro Leopard, a K1 Soft Kaxe, a Star Leopard3, (usually, but depends) a VIP Seer, an Opto River, and a Sublime Grackle. All of the aforementioned I throw rhbh except for the Grackle which is one of the discs I do throw for my rhfh in training (lol).

I will give this some throws eventually. Just wanted to know if anybody thinks I could have use for this in my current bag.

I think it kind of depends on what your eternal jackalope did for you and which version of the servo you just found. The Apex jackalope I threw two years ago probably flies similarly to the latest run of Servo's. But that is also why I am a bit perturbed with the latest run of Servo. It has a decent turn to it with an OK fade back. I'd say it is closer to -2 1 than -1 2 like it says on the disc. If you got one of the older runs chances are it's more stable.

The circuit challenge proton servo is more stable than the new neutron but, in my opinion, ever so slightly less stable than the new eclipse craves.

I haven't thrown a Neutron Servo but I'm on my third Plasma Servo 166g and almost 2 years I can get a LHBH turn, fade, keep it under canopy, solid wind disc, standstills, and my most versatile disc. On a full throw left Center Fairway. Always in the bag. first two were lost on my home course in a river. I was pretty depressed and immediately order another one, the first one I had for about 16 months.

Out of the disc that you list, the Star Leopard 3 that flew similar to my Plasma Servo, but less versatile. About a month after I picked up my first Servo, I lost my leopard and I didn't even bother to replace it.

Thanks for the replies. I have had no field work since I found the Servo. However, I have thrown it as an extra ( you know what I mean - course is sorta empty - you make an extra 'practice' throw after your real one - did this a few times with this Servo I found). Anyway, today I had a par 4 534' hole that started off awful. After my 2nd throw I still had 200ish feet? to get to the basket slightly downhill. No confidence in my Kaxe. Shoulda thrown my Star Leopard. Selected the Servo (said 'effit') for some reason. Released it flat. Went straight but over-shot the pin by 25-30ft. (For a brief second, my brother who was watching from well to my left thought it had a chance to hit metal) Ended up missing my putt for par but wow, was pretty pleased with the flight of the Servo and will keep it in the bag for now.

Latest posts