• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

60% is not under powering the Tern, thats what I am trying to say. It would be under powering a disc like a PD 2 or even a Star Destroyer. Thats why I called the Tern a finesse driver, you can finesse it at the right angle given proper conditions and it will glide a long way with much less effort than a disc that is much more stable.

Actually, yes it is. And the speed 9 PD takes WAY less power than a speed 12 driver like the Tern. I think you've been away from the game too long. Also, most disc golfers would NOT call a speed 12 driver a "finesse driver".

When did DGCR become a place to insult people and argue about absolutely pointless crap? I miss the old DGCR with witty remarks and bitter sarcasm.

Maybe you (Wanderer) and I can start over here. My name is Bob and I like the Tern. Wanderer, did your brother have surgery on his torn rotator cuff and if so how long was the healing process?

Actually, yes it is. And the speed 9 PD takes WAY less power than a speed 12 driver like the Tern. I think you've been away from the game too long. Also, most disc golfers would NOT call a speed 12 driver a "finesse driver".

Bobby mentioned the PD2 in his post. PD2 is a 12 speed.

carry on

:popcorn:

For me 60% is not under powering it. Again, for some it may be. To get the PD 2 to carry on a straight line you need to put more into it then the Tern. That is so obvious.

Maybe you (Wanderer) and I can start over here. My name is Bob and I like the Tern. Wanderer, did your brother have surgery on his torn rotator cuff and if so how long was the healing process?

He finally had surgery, complete recovery was supposed to be 6 months w/o any throwing. But he was able to resume throwing/playing at 3-4 months, easing back into it of course.

The actual healing process while his arm was in a sling was something like 3 weeks, I think. Then arm strength therapy for maybe a couple months.

Sounds like he healed pretty quick, thats great. I wont even say how I tore mine. Heres a hint, I was chasing down a school of fish boiling on a bait ball in the bay.

I here the therapy is pretty brutal.

yeah first few session SUCK, at least it did for me and my ankle!

Sounds like he healed pretty quick, thats great. I wont even say how I tore mine. Heres a hint, I was chasing down a school of fish boiling on a bait ball in the bay.

and well at least were actually fishing! do you not remember me breaking my ankle walking to the water that beautiful day after Christmas! :thmbdown:

i will be spending more time tomorrow after work at the park throwing the Tern and working on my technique. got a few rounds to play this weekend, then the Ice bowl sunday night

I still can't believe how far the discs go these days. I remember when Stingrays were the distance disc of choice for golf shots!

I remember seeing someone with one of the big diameter Eagles. I win the internets.

But yeah, disc technology is moving so rapidly. When I got back into it after a military-caused hiatus, I was so shocked. When I quit playing for a bit back in 05 or so, Teebirds were like THE money driver. There was stuff that went farther, but were somewhat squirrely. Valks and Archangels were around top speed, I believe.

Nowadays people are actually using SCIENCE to make better discs (MVP) and better materials (Vibram) and just about anyone can pick up a disc and rule the shorter courses. My local course, Cumberland Green, is super short and I never have to take out a distance driver. That would be q Worlds-caliber course back in the 90s....