• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] The unLace

With Vibram, if you lose some stability over time, you can hit the reset button by soaking the disc in hot water.

Walked up the 13th hole at my local course, a slightly uphill 400+ foot fairly open fairway and grabbed my unlace. This is my driving range after work hole when I don't have time to play an actual round so I've thrown a lot of shots here. Stepped up to throw and proceeded to totally shank my drive. Instead of throwing nice and smooth with a hyzer angle, I trie to throw the bejeezus out of the disc and flattened it out for a 200 foot roller :doh:

Gotta remember with this disc that slow is smooth and smooth is far.

I have a love/hate relationship with my unLace. When I throw it right it is amazing. But I have a problem with the thick rim and I grip lock the hell out of it very often.

Finally got some of the production run UnLaces, looking forward to testing em out. Weather has been awful though.

Firm is more stable than the medium proto so far, I can throw even better rollers with it as well. Once I get it dialed/broken in it should be a nasty tailwind driver. I only really liked the medium proto for rollers and it flexed a bit too much on the impact and there was a shot or two on our longer course here in north ms that call for a very long right turn through some trees, it hits the shot well but some times too much flip.

Just got mine today. Came home and they they were, folded and stuffed in the mailbox in an envelope that has "DO NOT BEND" in bright red letters all over it. Maybe it should read "DO NOT BEND POSTAL SERVICE A-HOLE EMPLOYEE DORKFACE YEAH I MEAN YOU".

Geez...

Firm is more stable than the medium proto so far, I can throw even better rollers with it as well. Once I get it dialed/broken in it should be a nasty tailwind driver. I only really liked the medium proto for rollers and it flexed a bit too much on the impact and there was a shot or two on our longer course here in north ms that call for a very long right turn through some trees, it hits the shot well but some times too much flip.

More stable huh? that's interesting. The Firm Laces I've thrown were all mad flippy compared to regular X-Link. Wonder how the softs are going to fly...

Checking in to see how Unlaces are wearing in. Was thinking of giving a firm one a shot, but if they are getting too flippy too quickly then I am leaning medium. Thanks for the advice.

Can't throw mine. Flips almost instantly. I threw it on an extreme hyzer and it completely flipped into a roller. I heard the OLace is the disc I should be throwing.

My Softy does the same, instant flip to a roller. Need to try powering down more I guess. Been spending more time with the Lace anyway.

I was all gung ho about my original unLace - it was amazingly easy distance - but after losing it, the others I've tried have been noticeably more understable. I max out around 350' with a Lace (my efforts with the unLace led me to try one out, and I'm starting to get the hang of it), and all the unLaces I've thrown would turn and burn at anywhere near that power. They make awesome rollers, but I'm not interested in having such a specialty disc in the bag at the moment. Maybe on down the road as I experiment with rollers more.

I am not a power thrower by any means...too beat up and too many injuries. Working avg is around 275-290. Could get an Air Bolt up around 305-310 now and again, but not regularly. Then I got the Soft Lace and once I got used to it, I have popped it up close to 350' now and again with a 300-325 range being normal shots with it. :cool: Best I have done with the Unlace was about 290. It would have gone further, but I hit a fence.;) If I throw the Unlace with the same power as it takes to push the Lace out over 300', it will fly about 200' in air and then hit and roll from there. I got frustrated with it after my initial success and put it aside to concentrate on the Lace. FWIW, my Lace is a 163 and the Unlace is a 162, both are soft.

Can anyone verify this? I have a lace that I'd like to regain some stability. Figure I'd double check before I cooked it...

Watched Steve Dodge do it with a putter that was deformed....may work with the Lace. Do not know for sure.

I got an Unlace for a 360' dogleg right hole (RHBH thrower) on my home course. It will turn the corner at 175' and go at the pin, but then it lands on edge and rolls 50' perpendicular to the hole and making for a longer approach. If it simply stuck I would be happier with the disc. Nevertheless no other disc is as a dependable turnover disc as the Unlace.

Latest posts