• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Valkyrie, a discussion.........

Star Valks -- has anyone gotten one recently? :confused:

the reason I ask is because I'm wondering if they're still pulling the +plus mold shenanigans with them. Three out of the last four Star Valks I bought had a slanted inner rim, and one had a straight rim. I had a pearly Champ Valk that had a major +rim as well, not labeled as such.

No more buying online... guess I'll have to hand-pick my Valkyries from now on. I hate the slanted rim, makes them too stable.

So after about 2 1/2 years of throwing my star valk, there is almost no fade to it anymore. If thrown flat it just glides and turns and where it used to fade at the end, it just keeps going. It still goes far for me (noodle arm) but just doesn't do what it used to and it makes me sad. Definitely want to find another, was my go to distance driver.

I learned to play using a dx valk that I have stashed away. I always carry 2 5x JK champ valks. I have many backups and usually pull out some pre # champ stock stamp for winter so I dont lose my go to's. It is a staple in my game.

i am just looking at valks, so this was some good reading

i have been using 168 star and ch sidewinders for my main drivers

but now i am looking for something with a little less turn, and a little more fade at the end
i would like to start shaping some s-turn shots

last week i got a lightly used 171 pro (seems a little heavy for my noodle/beginner arm)
today i bought a 159 star (with the distance stamp) very flat compared to the 171 pro
also just ordered a 158 pro and a 166 glow dx

these will be for my wife and i, to try out (which means, i get what she doesnt like)

I returned the star with the record distance stamp.
just opened the box from M.St.
The 158 pro (for the wife) is nice and domey

The 166 DX glow is pretty flat, its about like the distance record stamped star was.

Can't wait to see how they fly.
does anyone have a DX glow, that can tell me how its going to fly?

Last edited:
I have several valks. They just work for me. I don't get crazy distance but they are a good rim size and are very versatile. I have both star and champ. only 1 plus mold and I don't like it when I compare it to the others grip wise but I am starting to like it. It is more stable and throws longer than any valk I have in my bag. Used it night golfing last night and it impressed me. If you like a valk and want just a touch more stability get a viking it will handle a slight headwind better. They feel the same but a viking has a thicker nose or edge. Valk has turned into my go to driver and if you don't want a plus mold buy older ones off the marketplace they are everywhere. I do want to try a pro a buddy got one the other day and it reallly glides.

I have 3 (ce, and 2 older stars) that never leave the bag. For me its the straightest flying driver I have ever thrown.

I've got 2 Star Valkyries. A 171 gram and 150 gram one. The 150 is a wonderful turn over disc. If I need an anhyzer that disc will do it without question. The 171 resists turn overs, and gives me some beautiful S curves. I've a 175 Champion Valkyrie that is very stable and hasn't turned over yet. I love the star plastic.

I have had several Valkyries since I started playing. I like the overall variety of shots that I can do with one. It works well for me on Tomahawk throws and forehand rollers. I haven't thrown my Champion Glow Valkyrie yet. I like to look thru the used bin at my local Play It Again Sports and get different stages of wear in the Valkyries.

I have a DX 4th run Valk. I just started using it about a month ago. My go to distance driver is the DX Beast, 172 grams. I throw the valk when i need a very straight shot with less distance than I get from the Beast. I also use the Valk when I have a longer than usual put because I am able to keep it low and straight.

I have a DX 4th run Valk. I just started using it about a month ago. My go to distance driver is the DX Beast, 172 grams. I throw the valk when i need a very straight shot with less distance than I get from the Beast. I also use the Valk when I have a longer than usual put because I am able to keep it low and straight.

Only the 4th run dx valks work well inside the circle.

I swear by my 'beat to $hit' echo star Valk for hyzer fips, and a beat up star for an under stable distance driver, 350+. Great disc, but it's seeing less game time lately. Here are a few of my non-throwers...

IMG_0174.jpg

iv'e always kept a champion valk in my bag. they just always seem do do just what i expect 'em too. in my experience finesse is key with valks.

I always wonder when I see someone with more of a particular disc than I have discs total :)

I swear by my 'beat to $hit' echo star Valk for hyzer fips, and a beat up star for an under stable distance driver, 350+. Great disc, but it's seeing less game time lately. Here are a few of my non-throwers...

IMG_0174.jpg

That dayglow/rainbow might be the best looking valk I've ever seen. Nicely done.

Latest posts