• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Thoughts on the O-Lace?

Jmorri67

Par Member
Now that they've been out for a few months, what are you guys' feelings on the Olace? Considering getting one to try out, but I'm curious about a couple of things: 1) Just how stable is it to start out? 2) How well does it beat in? My Lace started out fairly stable and beat in very quickly into super flippy goodness and has stayed there.

I'm loving mine but I'm not crushing it yet, was able to get my laces to 400 after breaking in and can only get the olaces a little over 350 on an anny more if the wind holds it over. Great for wind so far, let a big arm at the course chuck it for distance and he loved it, said it was the first vibram disc he liked, threw it close to 500 ft on our longest hole and over shot the last hole on our course over 100ft(370 ft hole I think its less but that's what's posted).

my buddy throws them and he swears by them. he has almost all vibram except for putters. He can throw the o-laces about 330 feet into headwinds.

Did not like it at first. Was too overstable for my power level at first. Was not sure if it would make the bag.

However, now that it is broken in, I am liking it a lot more and it has made the bag. Time to start getting back-ups.

I'd love to try one, but no one here stocks Vibram for me to feel it. What does the hand feel like? Are we talking like Ape OS or just slightly like an Avenger?

Did not like it at first. Was too overstable for my power level at first. Was not sure if it would make the bag.

However, now that it is broken in, I am liking it a lot more and it has made the bag. Time to start getting back-ups.

How far do you throw, and what would you compare the OL to?

I've field tossed a firm one a bit, it might be a mid 160s at that. It struck me as a beefy Destroyer type of general flight, I was expecting more dump fade. I max out around 350 probably. Really small sample size of experience though.

I too, feel it is like a beefy fresh Destroyer. After two months of hard play, and lots of overhands (it's my main Thumber/Tommy disc) I just yesterday saw my first bit of turn with it on a wide-open rip. Its durable, it's controllably overstable, and it has Lace glide. I recommend it.

I would compare it to an XCal or PD2 for those that throw those molds. I feel a new oLace is slightly more OS than most fresh Destroyers, although I'm sure there are some runs of Destroyers that start out that OS. As always, your mileage will vary.

..not as overstable as a pd-2 or x-cal for me.

..destroyer like.

I'm hoping so, been abusing a firm since release and its just getting longer for me, no turn yet.

Indeed. Mine has just barely any turn...I have a generally clean throw but it could be a case of the OATs from just trying to goose it so hard. I've only thrown it three times since I notices the hair turn, and it is showing turn every time.

Again, it could be me. But it's a 167 firm so I'm thinking it's the disc. And it's not a bad thing easier. It's giving me more distance, while still resisting the wind and being useful for sidearms and overhands.

Anyone out there bagging these? I love Laces, but would like to get something with more stability than my 170 M, which is the most stable one I own. I imagine a 175 would be a tick more stable, but I've been thinking of trying out an O-Lace instead. Thoughts seem to be that it has a decent amount of glide relative to its stability and that it's not a meathook? I throw my Laces 350'-375'.

Anyone out there bagging these? I love Laces, but would like to get something with more stability than my 170 M, which is the most stable one I own. I imagine a 175 would be a tick more stable, but I've been thinking of trying out an O-Lace instead. Thoughts seem to be that it has a decent amount of glide relative to its stability and that it's not a meathook? I throw my Laces 350'-375'.

I bag a lace as my all around backhand driver, but the o lace is for headwinds and long distance flicks. It's just like a lace except a step up in stability. I love the vibram line. It's simplified but still has all the discs you need to cover all the shots especially with the release of solace.