• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Thoughts on the O-Lace?

Yeah it's really windy days that got me considering the addition. The Laces don't handle it well, not surprisingly.

Do you throw your Laces and O-Laces in the same weights? I might try a mid-160s O-Lace just because I don't have a hella arm. I'd be curious to hear if anyone has any experience with them in that weight.

I got a 158 O lace and love it. I also have a 170 and had a 175 until I threw it in the water. I like them all but prefer the lighter weight one. It still handles the wind well but not a complete meathook.

I have a 167 O-Lace that I use BH when there is wind, esp. head and cross winds. FH for straight, tunnel type shots. I use the Four20 for big left to right FH shots and when it is very windy. I typically only use a Lace with a mild tailwind or on a clam day with a wide open fairway.

Yeah it's really windy days that got me considering the addition. The Laces don't handle it well, not surprisingly.

Do you throw your Laces and O-Laces in the same weights? I might try a mid-160s O-Lace just because I don't have a hella arm. I'd be curious to hear if anyone has any experience with them in that weight.

I throw a 175 firm o lace. The wind isn't nearly as bad i. Irving as it is in abilene so i am still able to use my lace in a headwind. In an open fairway i can flip my 172g medium lace and get a long a curve out of it with a gentle fade for big distance. I'm waiting til that one breaks in to just above the stability of the unlace for slightly more powerful hyzer flips. The unlace can be quite touchy

I've found the Firms are much more overstable. Mediums are pretty overstable, but don't quite have the high speed stability that the Firms have.

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

I generally prefer Vibram's Medium X-link, so that'd likely be the direction I'd go. The only advantage of Firms I see is that they beat in faster.

It sounds like people find even the lightest O-Laces more overstable than a Lace of any weight? I'm just curious how distinct they are, or whether there's any overlap between a 150 class O-Lace and a max weight Lace.

My 150 class O-Lace is noticeably more overstable than my 175 laces. My max weight laces fly nice and straight for me and become unusable in a decent headwind but I was throwing the 158 O-lace into a strong headwind a few weeks back and it handled it well.

i have a 167f olace and use it fo dirty fh and fh rollers love it for these shots.

I've found the Firms are much more overstable. Mediums are pretty overstable, but don't quite have the high speed stability that the Firms have.

Have you thrown a Solace in the Medium and in Firm? If so, do you find the same stability differences as compared to the O-Lace?

i have a 167f olace and use it fo dirty fh and fh rollers love it for these shots.

Yeah, I can throw some really nasty rollers/anhyzer forehand shots with the o-Lace. This was a product of improper forehand grip, but now that I have corrected that bad grip, I can switch back to it periodically for rollers/anhyzer forehand shots.

o-Lace is great for overhand shots, as well. Very long on tomahawks/thumbers relative to some of my other discs, like Innova Monster. I'm sure the SoLace is going to be great for overhand shots, as well. Interested to try one out...

Time to check in on these again. Still haven't tried one, still curious.

How are these wearing? Anyone had one bagged for a prolonged period of time? What do they lose first, HSS or LSS?