• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ThrowaEnvy straightening out my Gyro bag for summer

Which Axiom Driver to try: I have all MVP drivers...

• Insanity

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Wrath

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Vanish

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Defy

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Tenacity

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
1VZkppWK9vzftY3d8
1VZkppWK9vzftY3d8

Got this on a 165 plasma envyhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/1VZkppWK9vzftY3d8

Last edited:
Setting my bag for night golf pretty low on eclipse gyro molds.. Envy, Comet, Nuke, glowfly..

Wednesday night disc weeeee.. Since it is my birthday it will be heavy metal tonight.. Just gotta hit the basket for an ace!

why wouldnt you throw an insanity

btw i hit an ace today...just for you on your birthday <33

why wouldnt you throw an insanity

btw i hit an ace today...just for you on your birthday <33

Nice I believe it was a fiz volt at 250' into a headwind... well done. I need more gyro glow.. I've wondered about an eclipse Amp..

I threw the hell out of my Nuke placed it well but got zero benefits from heavy metal haha. Did better than I did with the Stalker must be a throwback to my days of torque monkeying. The guys that won got two real aces and a heavy metal one.. Only real aces pay, but they were unstoppable.

Played the Johnny Mac Memorial tournament with his PDGA number on my back with PackEx sponsor dry fit shirt. Had a good partner Brett some kid that threw solid. I forgot my inertia on top of the outside fridge came up 60 ft plus short a little too often. Anyhow shot - 17 and won it! pays the ferry fare or more accurately payed for a plastic upgrade haha I gotta shut down my iso thread.

Played with Johnny Mac on my back twice in a row and won... PDGA 10160 . I'm starting to think it's my lucky shirt. "It's just a Roc Shot". Happy to wear my colours and represent Golf Island Disc Park, you can spot our hoodys from 100' yo.

I guess summer is over I posted this elsewhere.. But this is kinda my bag thread now... DG FOREVER.. I picked up a 159 Neutron Crave and an electron 166 spin to match it's proton buddy and an eclipse Tangent.. Pretty jazzed up on the Crave definitely got " winded" today.. There's a bit of a hole in the bag there

Well tourney is coming again.. This has kind of become my bag thread...

Envy 165 Plasma x 2 (might swap one for eclipse 169)
Spin 165 Proton for sure
Spin 165 electron probably
Tangent 178 N
Comet 176 ESP
Comet 174 glow Z worn maybe

Inertia 155 N one for sure maybe both
Wave 155 N
Relay 165
Switch 165 at least 1
Photon fission 143
Crave 160 N

Unsure about the Entropy, I want to play it but it's mostly for one hole and I hate that.. Also on the maybe list is 172 N Halloween Envy and a Volt.. Either 162 fission Volt or FR 172 for a little slab of beef.

What does your Tangent do that either of your Comets don't

Not a fan of one trick ponies (your Entropy).

What does your Tangent do that either of your Comets don't

Not a fan of one trick ponies (your Entropy).

The Tangent is a little beefier towards Buzzz kind of stability. I can put a little more power on it and it works better for me on steep downhill or in the wind, tends to be pretty straight unless I want to turn it, then it loses height faster whereas a Comet will pan deeper. Doubles as my windy day putter..

It's kind of redundant but if I'm not firing on one I can switch to the other. Kind of a big wing/ small rounded wing combo.

Definitely experiencing some Comet trauma in the bag.. I'm trying some of my alternates.. I'm having trouble with my regular glow Z.. It's getting softer in the warmer weather and it's developed a little bit of turn usually it's my "laser comet". Not a big deal I think my worn 176 is probably the right choice but I hate putting anything " new" in the bag right before a tourney... a fresh flat top 171 ESP is close too but not quite where I want it.. I have 4 in the bag for a test round tomorrow..

Nice I believe it was a fiz volt at 250' into a headwind... well done. I need more gyro glow.. I've wondered about an eclipse Amp..

I threw the hell out of my Nuke placed it well but got zero benefits from heavy metal haha. Did better than I did with the Stalker must be a throwback to my days of torque monkeying. The guys that won got two real aces and a heavy metal one.. Only real aces pay, but they were unstoppable.

I've got a nearly brand new eclipse amp I could trade ya, but it is max weight....

I've got a nearly brand new eclipse amp I could trade ya, but it is max weight....

Thanks anyhow man for right now.. I'm holding out for an eclipse Relay or Crave.. Haha could be waiting awhile. Maybe Streamline will do a full glow disc..

Got my Comet dilemma sorted just gotta throw the ESP dyed one a little harder and it's good.. Going to be relying on the proton Spin a bit more.. To heck with the electron one for now.

Too bad it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be.. It's a nice thrower kinda beefy for a Proxy.. I thought maybe it would blur the line with the Envy more but the soft electron envy does a better job..

On a bag note...
Plasma Wave has become a workhorse beside it's neutron brother.

Inertia in sparkle proton is nice, not the flavour of the month but steady and reliable.

The Relay is back in.. But not for tunnels, unless there's a little wiggle room, it and the Plasma Wave have sort of kicked the Vanish for now.

Main bag remains the same pretty much just slimming the molds down.
Envy (plasma and soft e), Spin, Comet, Tangent, Crave, Inertia, Wave, Fission Photon

The Switch is falling out of favour kind of, a few wind issues and it's pleasant late stability can be in question.. It's still in but the Crave is sneaking up on it.

174 Skulboy Vertex is lost in the bush near my pond...

Current auditions.. 172 N Halloween Envy, 162 fission Volt, a few new Comets.., SE Entropy.

The Insanity is still in and out as it breaks in.. Kinda squirrelly and redundant with the Inertias, the plasma Wave again is doing it better, the Insanity can be prone to a wide S and some times it pans wider than I intend as it loses HSS

Last edited:
You're welcome. :D

Yeah man! If you hadn't been talking about how awesome it was etc I don't know if I would have revisited that mold.. I wouldn't say night and day between neutron and plasma but boy it's kinda Amp vs Volt. Plasma is super throwable and the neutron is turn resistant, both are long discs.

The plasma could easily come along for a 3 disc round... Envy, Comet (or vertex), and plasma wave.

Yup so summers over.. The current bag setup is:

2 x Plasma Envy 165
1 proton Spin 165
Comet at least one
Plasma Wave 155
Neutron Wave 155
Relay (at least one) 165
Crave 160 N

Optionals in rotation:
Electron Spin 165
Electron Envy 174
Fission Photon 143
Inertias's
Tangent

Since my mids are OOP and the Switch I'm moving away from them.. Might try a proton or electron Matrix.. Still occasionally messing with the Entropy but my best bet for mildly OS FH is still a 174 N Envy.

150 Crave, Mayhem, Entropy and Fission Volt are third tier looking for a chance to fight for a spot.

Current bag is:

2 x Plasma Envy 165
Plague doctor 165 soft neutron is moving in..
1 proton Spin 165
Comet at least one
Plasma Wave 155

Relay (at least one) 165
Crave 156 SE eclipse

Optionals in the bag now, but up for rotation:
Electron Envy 165 soft

Fission Photon 143 is recently battling with a fission 163 Tesla.. With a developing FH either is good, the photon is better for BH but can't be trusted in a wind.. Tesla is super consistent but requires more power and has filled the role from the Switch (gentle turn and solid hook)

Tangent and Inertias are out.

Since my mids are OOP and the Switch I'm moving away from them.. Might try a proton or electron Matrix.. Still occasionally messing with the Entropy....

Might I suggest a Buzzz or Wasp to pair with your Comet? Don't be a stubborn gyronaut, MVP has deserted you on the mids.

Latest posts