• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ti Nuke SS

Nuke SS is pretty popular outside of the forums. think about it. It's a big wing driver with a cool name that promises extra distance and a super straight flight. who wouldn't buy it? now put it in the super premium plastic called titanium. That thing will make DC a good bit of money.

I've only been playing for a year and this is my farthest flying disc...350 ish give or take 25

I can get it to turn flat out of a hyzer and go straight for quite a while before fading back left. I can also get it to flip over right for a while before it comes back left, but my control of this isnt consistent yet. Im gonna put it away for a little while though and practice getting more distance with fairways and just trying to throw putters out as far as i can as well.

Last edited:
Well if you look at what they have released that this time in the past years it has been nukes. Radioactive glo nukes, arm blk nukes so it makes perfect sence it would be another nuke. I wouldnt be suprised if you get all the in TI ss,os,nuke.

Nuke SS is pretty popular outside of the forums. think about it. It's a big wing driver with a cool name that promises extra distance and a super straight flight. who wouldn't buy it? now put it in the super premium plastic called titanium. That thing will make DC a good bit of money.

yep.

They've got to be selling 5 Nuke SS's for every comet that's bought. I got a couple Z Nuke SS's for free from Dynamic at a clinic. I was actually kinda sad when I lost Pinky in some tall grass. I know somebody else must've wanted one cause they sure as shiz didn't call me about it. I now know that they're not that bad, but they're not that good either. DC's gotta go where the money's at, though.

If they were going to do a high speed driver, I would've liked to see the Avenger. That's actually a useful disc and it would kind of make sense going down the speed scale. Nuke, Force, Avenger, Stalker, Wasp, Buzz. That's a line up that people could actually use.

I think the shrug was more in regards to releases 3 and 4 being a Comet and Challenger, not that there are four releases, and the Nuke SS is #2.

QFT :thmbup:

1. Zombee in Z plastic
2. Nuke SS in Ti plastic
3. ???
4. ???

Discraft stated on their blog they will be announcing the 4 releases, 1 per day, we are now 2 days in.

The nuke SS is a far lower seller than the OS at least in my store. This news confuses me???

I would imagine the Nuke SS appeals to a broader range of players than the OS.
Around here, I've seen people in the local shop buy an OS because it says Nuke, not realizing that there is a significant difference between the 3.

All the noobies like the nuke ss since it turns over.

I personally hate the nuke ss so much.
If you don't have the arm for the nuke ss, you shouldn't be throwing it. IF you do have the arm for the nuke ss, you can easily throw a beat nuke with the same results.

I'm a fan of the cryztal nuke ss. I'll probably get a dozen of these and throw or roll them.

This release really confuses me. I have often asked about getting this mold or that mold in Ti plastic and the stock answer is that Ti molds will be awarded to world champs. I think now I need to stop believing the things i'm told by humans and only believe what I see on the internet. Everything on the internet is real. I'm a french model.

well from the look of the disc on the blog it appears to be a fund raiser disc for the Memorial. I guess since DC lost most of their current world champs this past year they decided to put Ti out for other things.

So far I have been very disappointed with what Discraft is releasing. The Zombee was almost as bad as the Zeppelin and the Nuke SS is possibly the worst driver I have ever thrown in terms of consistency. In my opinion they could not have chosen worse discs to release.

great another fancy plastic high speed driver that noobs love.

"i can totally crank my speed 13 nuke ss out to almost 300 ft."

how about we stop bagging on innova for catering to noobs and realize discraft is moving into the same realm.

All the noobies like the nuke ss since it turns over.

I personally hate the nuke ss so much.
If you don't have the arm for the nuke ss, you shouldn't be throwing it. IF you do have the arm for the nuke ss, you can easily throw a beat nuke with the same results.

I was thinking the same thing, bought a regular nuke... too much disc for my arm right now. Just went left with no good distance. Just not there yet lol

I wonder if the Ti Nuke SS will have the same relation to the Z Nuke SS as the Ti Force does to a Z Force...much more HSS / (over)stable.