• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tips for a Maine roadtrip please

FiveV

I plan on taking a 3 day trip from Connecticut up to Maine to play LaVallee Links Disc Golf.

Can anyone offer me other great courses to play or cant miss things to do please?

I haven't seen Lavallee but Sabattus is my top DG facility that I've seen and the courses our outstanding, it's in my top 2 of 260+ played. Flip City would be the other one in my top 2.

played these Maine courses last week

Sabattus: Two 18=hole courses plus a 9=hole course. $9 to play all day.

LaVallee: Three 18=hole courses. $10 to play all day.

Quarry Run: One 18=hole course, but also has batting cages and ball-golf driving range. $5 to play all day.

They're all good, but quite different from each other. Sabattus is the most refined and has a great pro shop. Quarry Run has a solid shop, too, and is a very good course. LaVallee is a bit rougher and currently doesn't have a shop, but offers the greatest variety/most holes amongst the three.

Other Augusta-area courses seem highly rated, too, so read the reviews, and find what suits you most!

I am from CT too, so you probably already know buff, maple hill, pyramids, etc are all off 84. Nothing really good off 95 till you get to Southern Maine.

I went to school up at UMF (Farmington, ME), but I have never been to Lavallee or Sabattus cause we didn't wanna travel 2 hrs each way to golf. We mainly played in the Auburn area. Dragan Field is sweet. Check it out if u can.

If I were you, I would stay near the Auburn area. For sure, check out Sabattus. Stay all day like someone said before. Hit up Dragan Field and maybe Cranberry Field in Turner, ME. Some cranberry bogs and water in play, but nearly all woods except 3 or 4 holes. Cool local farm people own it, and it's a nice unique course. If stressed for time, just do Sabattus and Dragan Field.

I do 2nd quarry run as well. I went there once and had a sweet time. Roy's Steakburgers are dah bomb. Wasn't open when we were there. oh well!

Good luck, Maine golf is awesome. Black flies are gone, and nice dry humidity. have fun dude!

Latest posts