• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tips for throwing thumbers in cold weather?

ern19

For whatever reason, my thumber has gone to hell since it cooled off. I just can't seem to get a good grip on the disc. It's just in the cold weather, that 12x Firebird goes from stiff to just straight up, glass-like. Is there really a solution to this? Besides stuffing a bunch of handwarmers in my bag?

Always keep your hand warm. Your skin won't get cold and waxy that way. I was throwing in a field yesterday and will be today...10-15 degrees. Warm hand will make it okay. :) certain plastic definitely does get slippery, though.

I started using these gloves for work. They are OSHA approved cut resistant gloves with a polyurethane coating on the palms that create a great grip. These won't keep your hands warm but they give you a nice grip. I can pick up a dime with these and have used them while putting and driving. They work best for putting but they will help any shot in the cold.
They are also good for getting discs out of thorny bushes.

11-627.jpg

...you might try a star FB they seem to have a bit more grip. and as the others said keep your hands warm, I like mittens over gloves when golfing removing them only to throw and putting them right back on. Once your finners are cold its all over

Latest posts