• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TOBU discs, are you serious?

Tobu should offer an apology 30% off code for its misconduct.
Get your ppl back in your corner. You can say "sorry" but how can you prove "sorry". #Free99

OK EMoney, you asked for it and we're delivering. To show that we're sincere we have activated your coupon code #Free99 for anyone who wants to use it. We couldn't do 30% but this coupon will get you 20% off of a disc and tracking module set. We appreciate your understanding.

OK EMoney, you asked for it and we're delivering. To show that we're sincere we have activated your coupon code #Free99 for anyone who wants to use it. We couldn't do 30% but this coupon will get you 20% off of a disc and tracking module set. We appreciate your understanding.

:clap::clap::clap:

Wow, classy as hell.

I know some of the span was crappy, but this is super cool of you to offer.

#Free99 gave an error message about invalid characters. Free99 and free99 were not valid codes. Also, it seems red is the only color option. For how long will this be true?

Interesting... This is the first time we have used a coupon code on the new site. I went in and removed the # and it looks like the code works now. Here is the new code: Free99
Please let me know if you have any other issues with it.

Last edited:
Once you make a gadget to stick on any disc, THAT would be something very interesting.

Lol very kind of you tobu, i was just goofing around. Way to call me on it, i may have to go buy something now :)

Once you make a gadget to stick on any disc, THAT would be something very interesting.

DiscFifty, we do have that capability. However, we found that adding the additional weight of our modules changes the flight pattern of the disc you attach it to. Additionally, unless you're using some sort of gorilla glue, the module will fall off after a few hard impacts. The best solution was to create our own discs that had a built-in holder for the electronics.

The best solution was to create our own discs that had a built-in holder for the electronics.

I'm certainly interested in having something like your discs available on holes where I seem to have an uncanny knack of leaving the fairway into thick underbrush. I saw the one model had flight characteristics listed, yet the Charge didn't. Ratings for that? New models coming?

Found the characteristics of the Charge. Too late to edit the last post, the system tells me.

I think your company has a good product for golfers in the Chicagoland area. Out of my 10 closest courses, 5 of them use tallgrass as rough and the time spent searching and the amount of lost plastic makes them not worth playing.

Each of the discs have the flight characteristics listed on the "Shop" page of the website. We currently have 2 PDGA approved discs and 2 modules. We are working on our 3rd disc and a new module now. Any suggestions on what you guys would like to see in the future? Let us know and we'll see about making it happen.

If you could make a awesome semi premium plastic for fairways that would be just the greatest.

A less durable star or champion plastic. Or a more durable dx, aka pro that meets the PDGA requirements but actually is decently durable and starts off more stable then dx plastics actually do.

DiscFifty, we do have that capability. However, we found that adding the additional weight of our modules changes the flight pattern of the disc you attach it to. Additionally, unless you're using some sort of gorilla glue, the module will fall off after a few hard impacts. The best solution was to create our own discs that had a built-in holder for the electronics.

Just adding my .01 from a biz point of view. Short term it's probably right to prove the technology with your own discs, but I don't see a long term viable solution being to compete with Innova, Trilogy, etc. I would further develop the software/hardware side of things, at some point you should be able to develop a small, lightweight, circular attachment that sticks to the underside/center of any disc providing minimal flight characteristic changes. Keep the app free and charge for the hardware. Sounds like you might need some investors on the hardware side to shrink/size/costs, etc.

Can you imagine, having every disc in your bag with one of these tags? Everything about your round is auto-logged. You could set up ids for each disc, and then get an automated report about each disc after the round. Throws, distances, etc, etc. Man...that would be awesome sauce. lol..

Good luck! I've been telling peeps about the need for a gps add on device for a couple of years now, glad to see progress is being made, but I don't want to use your discs, I want to use the discs in my bag. ;)

Each of the discs have the flight characteristics listed on the "Shop" page of the website. We currently have 2 PDGA approved discs and 2 modules. We are working on our 3rd disc and a new module now. Any suggestions on what you guys would like to see in the future? Let us know and we'll see about making it happen.

You've got an Understable driver and a stable/neutral driver. Make a stable putter, stable/neutral mid, and an overstable driver and you'd have all of the main bases covered. Your discs cost about $35 a pop.... Offer that five disc set, with all required parts, for $150 or so. I'd buy a set.