• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Too many Putter choices! Which and why?

If you want a fairly stable straight line putter and one that will be a great help for your putting game try the Black Zombie putters. I was using Discraft Banger GT, Magnet and a few other random putters and I couldn't throw them for crap. They either weren't stable enough and turned on me and also didn't feel good off my hand. With the Black Zombie I've hit putts from about 50-60ft. When before with the others I literally had to be in a 10ft radius. Great for windy conditions as well.

I switched from Wizards to Clutches after trying a Clutch on a whim little over a year ago. Wizards are awesome and they come in just about any plastic type you could want. Can't recommend them enough. My putting was just much more consistent with the Clutches, so they stay in the bag.

My putting progression went through some stages, but I'm finally very comfortable where I am.

Started on Wizards and loved them. The bead fit in my finger quite nicely, and I loved the Supersoft blend. In fact, I still use these for my 50 to 200 foot approach game.

I then tried Judges and really liked the way they were basically just shallower Wizards. They're available in some very consistent blends, so that's a plus too. My affair with judges was short lived however...

I haven't seen anyone bring up P2s in this thread, so I will. This is a pretty big departure from the beaded style Wizard, but man do I love P-line plastic. The slick and firm blend gives me such a consistent release. They beat in so beautifully,, tacky enough to grab chains but still that amazing clean release. Now that I've been using them a few years I don't see myself swapping anytime soon. They compliment my hardish spin putt beautifully with glide and stability.

I think in the chalkier style plastics (like Supersoft wizards) I generally prefer a bead. In the firm slick plastics I don't care quite as much. To be honest I practice putting so much now that I just throw the putter at this point. The bead (or lack thereof) doesn't phase me. But P-line plastic has me pegged, I'm never looking back.

Last edited:
Mercy, Comfy, flat, just right stability, comes in nice plastic variations and is as good for driving duties so you only need one mold of putters.

Putters are just way to personal a thing to really get recommendations. Get a few try them out, pick the one you are most comfortable with and practice.

For example, I am by far best at putting with Polecats but that probably won't work for others.

Especially when the OP has one post.

The first one then does not comment again in the thread to help us out if they tried any recommendations or bought discs online. I just think the person wanted to know what people liked for longer putting putters, usually the same as putting putter but more beet up to fly straighter unless one is trying to putt from the Approach range 50-100 feet out.

Latest posts