• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Toro

I got mine yesterday. Thrown back to back with my Z Zone the Star Toro was maybe a fraction beefier landing a few feet shorter and left. It feels amazing in the hand, flat top, very similar to a Zone. Innova finally did it.

Mine is very flat, almost puddled. Got it last week. My findings are similar - thrown next to an ESP zone the Toro is a touch more OS and a touch shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the difference between this disc toro and a pig?

Toro does not have a thumbtrack, flat top premium star plastic, completely beadless (Pig has a small bead/micro bead). PDGA Approval specs have 0.1 cm difference in rim thickness so maybe someone can answer if the difference in rim width is big enough to notice between the two.

Besides the feel I think the Pig is likely a little shorter and lower glide then the Toro. Toro is a little more midrange like and Pig is a little more putter like.

What's the difference between this disc toro and a pig?

I only threw a Toro for a bit, but it struck me as like a Zone but middier and beefier. Maybe close to a Deflector for the one I threw. Not sure how they beat in. My Pigs (R-pro) started out with a similar over stable profile, but each one in that plastic got straighter quickly and kept a still reliable but not quite as dumpy fade.

Just got my Calvin Heimburg 2022 Tour Series Champion Color Glow Toro and wow does it feel great. I threw it forehand into a crazy headwind on anhyzer and it still fought out where as my MF gator just held the anhyzer. The Toro is so beefy its not even funny.

Just got my Calvin Heimburg 2022 Tour Series Champion Color Glow Toro and wow does it feel great. I threw it forehand into a crazy headwind on anhyzer and it still fought out where as my MF gator just held the anhyzer. The Toro is so beefy its not even funny.

Yeah it's beefier than most Zones from the 1 I threw at league last week. I'm debating on picking up a Toro and pairing it with a Jokeri for my OS approach stuff.

I like the Toro (Tour Series) paired with a beat-in Exo Hard Tactic for my OS approach pair. The Tactic is a tad more straight than the Toro for backhand approaches.

There were a few comparisons in this thread, but I'm curious: how does the Toro compare to the other OS approach putters/mids that are already in the Innova line up? Thinking about the Gator, Caiman, Ax3, and Rhyno in particular. I've been throwing DX P&As with JK Aviars and have been loving it, but I'm definitely missing the OS approach slot (always trying different plastic, so I'm working on a new, all Innova bag). The Toro sounds great, but a little too beefy for me.

I was just out throwing star toros, luster ax3 and sparkle flx zone. I have thrown caiman in the past. toro is the beefiest, followed closely by the zone, then the ax3. The ax3 flight is different, and like a slower caiman. They fly straight, then gentle reliable fade, resist turning over. The toro wants to fade but thrown hard enough, especially fh, it will fly straight then fade pretty hard for a slow disc. It doesnt fade hard like a champ fb thrown slowly however. The toro is a great FH driving putter, shape flex lines well, very reliable fade. The zone is a slightly mellow version of this. I will snag champ and/or luster toro when it drops and i bet it dials up the OS a half notch.

after today, bh approach discs are a3, or ax3 depending, then if absolutely called for. FH approach disc and driving putter will be the toro. my main bh driving putter is the a3.

Last edited:
I like the Toro (Tour Series) paired with a beat-in Exo Hard Tactic for my OS approach pair. The Tactic is a tad more straight than the Toro for backhand approaches.

This is exactly what I am bagging until Innova releases the Toro in a baseline plastic like Nexus.

how does the Toro compare to the other OS approach putters/mids that are already in the Innova line up? Thinking about the Gator, Caiman, Ax3, and Rhyno in particular.
The TS glow champ one I got is definitely in the extra OS approach slot. Slower and more torque resistant than the ROG Champ Gator I've been using for a long time (basically a Gator3) and the Recon Mortar (basically a Champ Caiman). Closest other Innova molded is probably the RhynoX (the fresh DX ones were pretty OS), C-blend Infinite Ruin, or a domey Luster Champ Rhyno. AviarX3 and Rhyno are more useable stability in their normal plastics.

Star Rat has been the straight complement for me and the Toro is close to the same feel but 2-3 ticks more OS.

It is kinda funny to see how short of distance it goes on full rips though ;) Kinda has a max range of ~250 ft for me.

This is exactly what I am bagging until Innova releases the Toro in a baseline plastic like Nexus.

Yup! I can't wait for a DX, Nexus or (stiff) Pro run of Toros. And for that matter a run in Champion as well. Love this disc. Have 7 already (4 Star and 3 Color Glow)

Yup! I can't wait for a DX, Nexus or (stiff) Pro run of Toros. And for that matter a run in Champion as well. Love this disc. Have 7 already (4 Star and 3 Color Glow)

Oh god, KC Pro Toros would be so perfect. It's like what Zone lovers have been asking for for years.