• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tour 18 for Disc Golf

Gblambert

Birdie Member
Texas has a couple of ball golf courses called the Tour 18, where they have reproduced 18 of the most renowned holes in golf. Each of the holes was selected because they are challenging and have determined the outcome of major championships like the U.S. Open, the Masters, the PGA Championship, etc. Examples include Augusta #11, TPC Sawgrass #11, Pebble Beach #14, etc.

So it got me thinking, if I could pick any 18 disc golf holes from any of the courses in the country and have them reproduced into a single "greatest hits" disc golf course, which ones would I choose? To make it interesting I limited myself to one hole per course and required that each hole I selected keep its original hole number. So for example, Blue Ribbon Pines #4 has to stay hole #4 in my final 18 list. Oh, and instead of limiting the choices to holes that determined the outcome of a NT, my list also includes holes that I would enjoy throwing, are well known in disc golf, are technically challenging, or are just plain beautiful. Here's my Tour 18 for disc golf. Anyone else have their own 18 favorite holes?

1. Fountain Hills #1 - Nate Doss' ace shown on ESPN
2. Renaissance Gold #2 - throws across a large ravine to a basket on a ledge)
3. Deer Lakes Park #3 - long, straight tunnel hole across rolling hills
4. Blue Ribbon Pines #4 - pine tree alley, one of disc golf's most photographed holes
5. Circle C #5 - long dogleg to a green on a plateau
6. McClain Park #6 - fun, short throw across a deep, oak-filled ravine
7. Selah Ranch Lakeside #7 - Selah Ranch's iconic island hole
8. Horning's Hideout Meadow Ridge #8 - 420' hole with 124' drop
9. Diamond X #9 - basket bolted to the side of a huge boulder
10. Smugglers Notch Brewster Ridge #10 - a beautiful hole, especially in autumn
11. Flip City #11 - rock sculptures in the fairway
12. Delaveaga #12 - the "Kitchen" hole
13. Stoney Hill #13 - plays across a creek with the basket on a peninsula
14. Water Works #14 - nice view of the Kansas City skyline from the fairway
15. Idlewild #15 - 1000' downhill to a peninsula green
16. Devens The Hill #16 - blind hilltop throw to a basket 90' below