• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tournament questions

J614

Ok. I have been playing disc golf for two and a half years and have become serious enough to start wanting to play in some local C-tiers. I have two questions about playing tournaments since I don't really know how this works. My first question is is there a minimum age cutoff for who can play? I am seventeen and am wondering if I would be allowed to play. Also, if I want to play C-tiers do I have to have a PDGA membership?

I got carded up with a group of fifteen year olds in a tournament once so your age is a non-issue.

Also, I know a PDGA membership is required for A and B tier events but I don't think it's a requirement for a C tier. Also, there may be some non-sanctioned events if you look around a bit.

Ok. I have been playing disc golf for two and a half years and have become serious enough to start wanting to play in some local C-tiers. I have two questions about playing tournaments since I don't really know how this works. My first question is is there a minimum age cutoff for who can play?

Not in your case. Under a certain age you're required to have adult supervision but at 17 you are well beyond that. You may play in any division you qualify for.

I am seventeen and am wondering if I would be allowed to play. Also, if I want to play C-tiers do I have to have a PDGA membership?

Not for C Tiers although there is still the added $10 charge for non-PDGA members. If you're going to play a lot of tournaments it might be better to just join the PDGA.

Whatever you decide to do, don't forget to have fun with it. :D

If you can find a mini (a one day/one round) event or if there is a local club that has a weekly round, both are a good way to get introduced to competitive play with a little less intensity. Typically these are not PDGA sanctioned events so no membership or fee requirement.

Not that a C tier in the MA divisions should be super intense, but there is always the potential that someone will be uber serious.

There is no age requirement for any PDGA event, except for those with age protected divisions.

Latest posts