• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First sanctioned event--scoring

I thought the Speedo was a dig at the sentence: "No ripped shirts, shorts, or pants are allowed on the course." Which could be read as disallowing any shorts or pants.

That is one of my annoyances. It almost makes kilt-wearing mandatory.

Another one is "A well-tailored shirt with a collar is acceptable, with or without sleeves." I'd like to know what qualifications the average tournament director has to judge the quality of tailoring.

Ok, one more. "T-shirts are not allowed as a player's outermost upper garment ... Crew neck or v-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials (including cotton/poly blends with wicking features) are allowed." So absolutely no t-shirts, except expensive ones.

I'll stop now. I've obviously been triggered. ;)

^It is pretty ridiculous. I don't own any "tailored" clothes and if I did I wouldn't wear them disc golfing.

thanks for reminding me why I hardly play sanctioned events anymore!

I don't think there's a chance in the world that any of the tournaments I'd play would require the "pro" dress code. Since I don't have a large friend group and only two of them are into DG, tournaments give me a great opportunity to play some DG, meet some new people, and indulge my competitive energies a bit. I appreciate the effort that the average tournament director puts into the events and I'm really glad to have started playing in them.

I like dressing up for a tournament. I figure if I can't play good, I should at least look good.:cool:
King Of The Hill Bobby GIF

Latest posts