• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trilogy Challenge 2015

discguy42

Double Eagle Member
Was just thinking about when dynamic discs were going to put out info for this years event...the website has been updated!

http://trilogychallenge.com/

I figured the new year called for its own thread, so here it is!

ABOUT THE 2015 TRILOGY CHALLENGE

The Trilogy Challenge is your opportunity to help promote the sport of disc golf. Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64°, and Westside Discs are excited to bring you the opportunity to host or play in a Trilogy Challenge in 2015! After a very successful first year in 2014, 2015 is looking to be even better. Our goal is to gain better visibility of the sport and to get more new players involved. We're keeping the entry fee the same at $30 and players will again receive everything they need to play disc golf.

Players are only allowed to use the three discs they receive in their player pack and if they lose a disc during the round, they must finish the round without it. The Trilogy Challenge is a worldwide event from May 1st to September 20th that concludes with the Trilogy Öppna in Emporia, Kansas on September 19th-20th.

We encourage you to play in several Trilogy Challenge events and even host one yourself!

PLAYER PACK INCLUDES:

(1) Westside Discs Driver
(1) Dynamic Discs Midrange
(1) Latitude 64 Putter
(1) Trilogy Challenge Mini
(1) Mini Clipboard
(1) Mini Sharpie
(1) Trilogy Scorecard and Pencil

The player pack will cost all participants $30. The discs in each player pack will be unreleased until the Trilogy Öppna in Emporia, Kansas on September 19th-20th.

PRIZE PACK FOR WINNER(S) INCLUDES:

(1) Dynamic Discs Soldier Disc Golf Bag
(2) Dynamic Discs Cadet Disc Golf Bag
(1) Dynamic Discs Driver, Midrange, and Putter
(1) Latitude 64 Driver, Midrange, and Putter
(1) Westside Discs Driver, Midrange, and Putter
(1) Trilogy Challenge Trophy Disc For Overall Champion

We had several requests for multiple winner's packs last year so we are giving the tournament directors options on how to distribute the winnings. We would recommend offering 3 divisions (example: Pro, Advanced/Intermediate, Women) or just offering 1 division and having a prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Sorry for the little pics, as I dont know how to post them to appear in a larger size...

Attachments

• 2015-Trilogy-Challenge-Player-Pack.jpg
    2015-Trilogy-Challenge-Player-Pack.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 2015-Trilogy-Challenge-Winner-Pack.jpg
    2015-Trilogy-Challenge-Winner-Pack.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Now its time for me to pick a date, get with my inside guy at our local Parks & Rec. office, get the go ahead and get my date set on the Challenge Calendar.

I will admit my failure with the 2014 event, I could not get enough interest/pre-registerss to meet the minimum for the players packs. I will work harder on a local/grassroots level to get my numbers. I just hope to get 20 players to commit and buy the 5 extra packs to meet the minimum and have few for "day of" sign ups if needed.

Does anyone know when they are running it this year? 2014 it was June to September. Hoping it will be earlier, want to run one mid-April if possible.

Does anyone know when they are running it this year? 2014 it was June to September. Hoping it will be earlier, want to run one mid-April if possible.

The dates run from May 1st to September 20th. Which is longer span than last years. I think the 2014 end was August 31st (at first) but, they extended the dates because of the interest/demand.

Just contact DD on the Challenge site, they will respond pretty quick. They were helpful with my questions and always responded to my emails. They might not have the discs ready to go until a week or two before the first weekend kicks off, never hurts to ask though.

Last edited:
Here is the list of discs they have online for this year:

Westside Driver - Recycled Tournament Sampo
Dynamic Midrange - BioFuzion Evidence
Latitude 64 Putter - Zero Medium Macana

Anyone know what these are or what they are like?

Westside Driver - Recycled Tournament Sampo
Dynamic Midrange - BioFuzion Evidence
Latitude 64 Putter - Zero Medium Macana

They're unreleased and presumably not yet approved molds. My guess is anyone in the know about any of them isn't going to be at liberty to say at this point anyway.

We've got three months before the first event kicks off. All in due time.

I think the Evidence will be the understable mid they were talking about before. Lat64 could also use an understable putter, My guess.

Gonna try and run one in southern wv at glenwood park dgc. Also gonna hit up local businesses for donations to have ctp's and ring of fire type ways to to win. That way I can run one division but anyone can win something.

Westside Driver - Elasto Sampo
Dynamic Midrange - Fuzion Evidence
Latitude 64 Putter - Retro Macana

Quick Plastic Fix for ya! :) Still no details in the Dealer Newsletter other than the plastic and the disc :(

Thanks for the update AND bump!

I think that the Retro plastic will make a nice more "beatable" plastic for the putter molds.

June 6th at Lake Amador. This date may be changed, because the Trilogy Challenge in Lodi, CA is also on this date, but hopefully I will be able to play both. I haven't played a tournament with 3 new, unknown discs before, but it sure sounds like a lot of fun!

Excited to play in this for 2015 - I like the upgrade to premium plastic as well.

Yaaay - Trilogy Challenge announced in Winona - at the Woods @ St. Mary's to boot. Should be great fun.

What's this about a best shot mixed triple division? It sounds like an awesome way to get women into the sport.

Does anybody have any more info on the plastic being used for the tourneys? Dare I say im trying to do a bit of research on the discs being used but its still impossible to find any info on them.

Does anybody have any more info on the plastic being used for the tourneys? Dare I say im trying to do a bit of research on the discs being used but its still impossible to find any info on them.

That's kinda the point, isn't it? The discs are prototypes that no one participating will have seen or thrown before. And since the first event isn't for another two months, we're not going to see or hear any details about these discs for a while yet.

I'm guessing the first details we get about the discs, aside from the names and type of plastic, will be when the discs get through the PDGA approval process. But even then, those will just be measurements that don't give us a whole lot to go on.

That's kinda the point, isn't it? The discs are prototypes that no one participating will have seen or thrown before. And since the first event isn't for another two months, we're not going to see or hear any details about these discs for a while yet.

I'm guessing the first details we get about the discs, aside from the names and type of plastic, will be when the discs get through the PDGA approval process. But even then, those will just be measurements that don't give us a whole lot to go on.

Yesh youre right, i was just hoping you werent :wall:

Next question, will you have to be PDGA members to participate or is it just a register for the tourney and go kind of thing?

Latest posts