• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

True Story

The thing with the netti pot is that you can't always expect instant results either, it has to be habitual to get the full benefit. Also, don't run any water much warmer than lukewarm up you nose either, it's really easy to burn your sinuses.

I am not trying to say that all western medicine is crap. They have developed plenty of helpful treatments. But tallpaul pointed out a very important issue about the pharmaceutical companies and their motivation to stay in business.

It's hypocritical to fail to mention that alternative (read: eastern) medicinal practicioners aren't out to make money either.

Acupuncture may be the most "accepted" derivation of Eastern Medicine but the only studies that have shown acupuncture to have significant positive effects have been questionable in their methodology - all the double blind studies I've seen (for example) have proven that legitimate acupuncture to only be slightly more effective than superficial and random needle jabbing - and neither to be statistically significant.

Tallpaul is correct about the one positive thing that Eastern Medicine does for us Westerners - it causes us to change attitude. The problem with the overdrugged pharmaceutical generations nowdays is that people look for that quick-fix pill and (for some unfathomable reason) expect that cause-and-effect logic doesn't apply to them. Eastern Medicine gives these suckers hope because without any concrete evidence to support their claims, the practicioners of these arts can make outrageous claims, and people who don't know any better flock to it without realizing that changing their lifestyle is the actual cure, not the made up treatments they are getting hooked on.

If I've offended you, then you're one of them.

Ever here of the Placebo effect, just sayin'..... (technohic beat me to it)
I have socks that will increase your drives by an average of 17 feet.
*wind, weather, and disc selection may vary results.

On the neti pot:

I know a lot of people that use them that have seen great results. You should be careful about the water you use. It's a little counter-productive to spray potentially harmful bacteria up your nose.

Disc Golfer Magazine

Has anybody seen the new one?

2x World Champ Nate Doss can be seen wearing a special bracelet on Page 10 or 11. I think it was the Trion Z version. I left the magazine @ home.

If a world champ uses it, then it must work for the rest of us, right????

we'll be in a very dark place the day the world looks to disc golf champs for health advice.

No, the action of taking pills is causing the desired effect not the pill itself. This suggests that you can put anything on your wrist, as it is the action of putting or earing it causing the change, even if you know it does not work. The workings of the human mind are mysterious to say the least.

I bet if you marketed an armband made of razors that people who wore them would be more conscious of what they were doing...