• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Two Putters: Inside & Outside the Circle

Do you use different putters depending on distance?

• Total voters
I voted yes but it depends on your definition of different. I use a DX Aviar inside the circle and a KC Pro out of it.

I use more understable putter from out of the circle (150 d-line p1) and more overstable putter for shorter putts (175 dx rhyno)

I carry 3 putter molds...

Zero Pure = main putter; everything inside 40-45
Strawberry Mercy = jump putts 45+
Opto & GL Pure = drives, approaches
ESP Zone = drives, approaches, putts on only the windiest of days.

I carry 4 putters 3 plastics 2 molds.

X challenger-Stright on putts
Pro-D Hyza smash
z challengers windy hyzas
glo banger incase i see the dark side or need to smash a tree

Wow, old thread :)

I have two as well. A fresh one for inside the circle putts and a beat up one for longer putts or putts where I want to bend around something.

I prefer to putt with a fresh Wizard inside the circle. Every year I buy a new stack. I just like the consistent drop/fade of a new Wizard. I also noticed I'm not attached to any one putter. I buy my Wizards in stacks of 5, and those are the 5 I use to practice. When it comes time to play, I just grab one of those 5 and use it. I don't always grab the same one.

For longer putts, uphill putts, or any putts where I have to throw around something and maybe add a little spin, I use an old 168g SS Wizard. It's from my original stack of Wizards that I bought when I first started putting with them and it's beat in pretty nice. Carries a lot longer than a fresh Wizard before it starts dropping.

I have other Wizards for driving and upshot duties. I don't like driving with my putting Wizards because I just don't want them getting beat in :)

^This, the only difference is that I have an all black stash of wizards for putting only duties that all get rotated through the bag regularly.

the only difference is that I have an all black stash of wizards for putting only duties

ce0.gif

:p

I use a 175 Pro Yeti for every putt. I carry a fresh one for most putts and a well seasoned one for anyhyzer putts and approaches. I've been using them for two years and have enough backups for a very long time. I have no urge whatsoever to try out other putters.

I only use one mold...the Rhyno. I do use different versions for different things though. I use a Pro Rhyno for putting (< 50') and a XG Champ Rhyno (gummy) for longer putts, up-shots, and driving. Although, from time to time, I'll putt with the XG Champ. Sticking w/ one mold has really helped me learn the disc inside and out, and what I can and cannot do with it.

HPP Magic for Approaches and longer putts, RFF Magic for everything else unless it's windy... then I use a HPP Wizard.

SSS Magic inside the circle or when an obstacle forces me to throw a slight hyzer, and an Echo Star Dart for longer putts, for putts that need to go a bit anny, or the occasional tee shot.

Any approach outside of 75' or any over 40' that need significant R2L or L2R turn and I'm using mids.

I use the Star Aviar Driver for any putt. It has enough stability for the extra power on a longer putts, and it gives me a nice predictable fade on the shorter ones. I love that disc.

I voted no. The circle has almost nothing to do with what putter I choose. The wind plays a much bigger role for me. I do usually only use an anode inside the circle however...unless its really windy.

Latest posts