• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Understable GT?

ViolaBouquet

Eagle Member
I am beginning to really like groove top (More like Thumb-track type) discs for putting. The Ringer feels great in hand but it's so stable. It seems like many of the groove top putters from Innova are also on the avertable side. Are there any under stable GT discs? I would love something like a Magic GT.

Last edited:
GT style discs aren't really in production anymore. The banger GT is the only putter with a true "groove top". They used to make a buzzz GT and slipstream GT, but they stopped production of those many years ago.

I think the Innova Birdie or maybe the Wolf might be the closest to what you're asking for

I didn't know about Reptilian discs, but the Serpent literally is a Magic with a Groove top. ����*♂️ It was literally right there.

AGL has 2 putters with shallow GTs I believe called the Madrone/Manzanita. Also as Victor said about the Innova Birdie is definitely more understable than a ringer gt. I personally love banget GTs and the lone star armadillo for the GT putting and upshot needs. The armadillo is like a birdie that does a great job of holding whatever line you put it on.

I didn't know about Reptilian discs, but the Serpent literally is a Magic with a Groove top. ����*♂️ It was literally right there.

Came here to suggest that. It's not flippy, but is one of the straighter discs I've ever thrown.

Just ordered a couple Serpents. Excited to try these out. There are SO many new companies out. AGL had some nice putters too.

If you like the " groove top" there is nothing better than a scale & serpent. The top adds stability and reduces glide, makes both molds very accurate & controllable.
I don't know of a current groove top mold that is understable.

I am beginning to really like groove top (More like Thumb-track type) discs for putting. The Ringer feels great in hand but it's so stable. It seems like many of the groove top putters from Innova are also on the avertable side. Are there any under stable GT discs? I would love something like a Magic GT.

Thanks for asking this. I love my Rhyno but wouldn't mind trying something a bit less stable as well. Serpent is definitely going on the radar.