• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Unique molds

dtHfFvk.jpg

Meh. I have other speed 4 discs. It's that turn and fade combo that would be extremely useful out on the course. And that glide number would really help cover some ground.

Well, sure. One could view those turn and fade numbers as mildly atypical. ;)

Well, sure. One could view those turn and fade numbers as mildly atypical. ;)

Yeah. I mean I have discs that are that flippy and I have discs that are that beefy but the combination of the turn and fade on the sharknado looks like it could replace everything in my bag. One disc to rule them all. Maybe start a cycle since having something that flew like a 4/8/-10/5 would be awesome.

Agree with whoever said Berg: biggest puddle top ever. Great windy day disc.

I've been looking at their discs but haven't bought one yet. How is the Gunnz? What is the plastic like?

The plastic is somewhere between Gstar and Star in flexibility. It's not grippy, but it does have a textured feel. Not slick. Indestructible is what the owner said. The Gunnz flies like something between a Firebird and a Tilt. I ordered a lighter weight, like 165. I'd be very happy to order another disc just as soon as there are videos or some sort of flight paths out there. Owner said he's not doing flight numbers.

The plastic is somewhere between Gstar and Star in flexibility. It's not grippy, but it does have a textured feel. Not slick. Indestructible is what the owner said. The Gunnz flies like something between a Firebird and a Tilt. I ordered a lighter weight, like 165. I'd be very happy to order another disc just as soon as there are videos or some sort of flight paths out there. Owner said he's not doing flight numbers.

Thanks for the info!

I ordered a Gunnz in that same weight range and I'm excited to see what it's like. There is very little video of any of their discs out there. So far I've only found 1 video on youtube and it's for the Mr Putt.

I feel like you're either going to love or hate those 3d printed discs.

Some of them look like they would feel awful to throw hard with a power grip.

I feel like you're either going to love or hate those 3d printed discs.

Some of them look like they would feel awful to throw hard with a power grip.

Yeah, some of them look really crazy or board flat.

The one I ordered is supposed to be the most "normal" disc golf disc that they make but we'll see.

I saw a bunch of these things in a store in the Phoenix area. I don't recall seeing any that actually looked like a traditional golf disc. At one point my wife had one in her hand (looked like an oversized canning jar lid) and I was afraid she might buy it.

You need to watch Simon's vlogmas video where he plays with 3d printed Tilts someone gave him. They were super-light and seemingly brittle: interesting results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZee-SM26Q

The ones Simon was sent were just made by some random fan on a cheap machine with whatever type of plastic he had.

The one my wife was looking at that was made by NSH discs actually felt like decent, probably durable plastic. Also felt pretty heavy but I didn't really look to see the weight.

I guess there are different plastics that can be used in those printers depending on the application.

I still wouldn't buy one but as far as the quality of the product it seemed perfectly fine.