• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Update on stolen bag

Then the lady that was 'helping' you was lying to your face and probably had some of your discs too.

I don't believe it. If they were dumped there, why would someone only take a few. I found out at the station, that the car that the main guy, and girl drove in belongs to the girl's mom who lives in the apartment complex next to mine.

Then the lady that was 'helping' you was lying to your face and probably had some of your discs too.

I found a craigslist posting from he girl with a photo hat shows my apartment complex. She lives a couple buildings over from me. Because she gave me her real name and phone number, I actually believe her a little bit. My theory is that the guy on the right in the picture is her b/f, he went into my car, and told everyone that he found them at McDonald's. I emailed the girl last night. If I don't hear anything back by tomorrow I am going to call. I just asked for more details on "which McDonalds, etc.

Don't get in over your head. Just my advice I would let the police handle it. You don't know what kind of guys these are (well we kinda do), and if they live close by you never know if they would all jump you.

Chain wrangler has a good point. Of course they dont look tough, but if they had the balls to steal your bag and have warrants for past crimes, then they obviously dont care about the consequences of there actions.
Those are the kind people you don't want to make mad, especially if you live so close.

Should of locked your car. Were they dirty criminals, yes, but in this day and age not locking your car is pretty dumb.

I'm not saying either way, but he hasn't mentioned yet if it was locked or unlocked.

No reason to call him stupid at this point :)..

I'm more disappointed in those labeling people by their looks in this thread than anything. I know some goofy dressing dudes that are nice guys. I know "hippies" that actually aren't clueless. I've met more dbags in drifits than in "tool" clothing.

I'm more disappointed in those labeling people by their looks in this thread than anything. I know some goofy dressing dudes that are nice guys. I know "hippies" that actually aren't clueless. I've met more dbags in drifits than in "tool" clothing.

There's no excuse to dress that way, c'mon man. You know this to be true. :|

I'm not saying one way or another about the whole situation till I see the video. It really sucks that somebody took your bag, but if I were you and I knew someone could have possibly stolen my discs, I'd have that thing all over the internet! Honestly I know its probably not too tasteful, but bleep it out. I hope you get your disc's back, but I would lean towards the negative on that looking at that bunch of winners.

Really, though, the nice guys who dress like that are the exceptions. Most people dress like those guys because they want to cast a certain image. They want to present themselves as rebels and "cool" kids.

Who said he didn't lock it?

You can get into a locked car.

Then he should file an insurance claim.
Yes, we all know how insurance companies pay claims for broken into cars right on the spot.
:\

That and if the valued amount of theft doesn't come up to his deductible, its probably not worth it.

Lets stop blaming the victim.

And seriously, someone needs to tell those guys that Vanilla Ice is so 1991.

Really, though, the nice guys who dress like that are the exceptions. Most people dress like those guys because they want to cast a certain image. They want to present themselves as rebels and "cool" kids.

The way people dress is always about trying to "cast" a certain image. While also trying to be cool, based on what they think is cool. Many project the image posted by the OP's photo, but don't actually act upon the stereotypes made in this thread about the OP's image. Just kind of disappointed on the reaction of many of you all based on clothing/style. Especially since some of you hate how "society" stereotypes a typical Disc Golfer.

OP, that really sucks. I am happy that you have a lead now, and might be able to get justice in this deal.

This thread's about trying to find the DB's who've been seen with Shawn's discs, specifically in terms of recovering more of them. You wanna talk about judging people by their appearance, half of me says start a new thread, but with all the banter about it, I feel compelled to give you my two cents worth on that subject.

Just because they dress like DB's doesn't mean they actually are losers. It means nothing more than: they made a conscious choice to dress like punk-@$$es. Their appearance, however deplorable it may be, is not necessarily a window into what kind of people they are. It's is evidence (but not necessarily proof) that their insecurity is only exceeded by their lack of style.

However, the behavior they exhibited leaves no room for doubt; they've demonstrated that they are, in fact, punk-@$$ DB's. Thus, they live up to the reputation they dressed to achieve, successfully reinforcing the stereotype.

Back on topic, sadly, I doubt any more of his discs will be recovered, although I genuinely hope they are and will keep my eyes peeled. Shawn's a solid, stand up guy. I hate when bad thing happen to good people. :mad:

Last edited:
This thread's about trying to find the DB's who've been seen with Shawn's discs, specifically in terms of recovering more of them. You wanna talk about judging people by their appearance, half of me says start a new thread, but with all the banter about it, I feel compelled to give you my two cents worth on that subject.

Just because they dress like DB's doesn't mean they actually are losers. It means nothing more than: they made a conscious choice to dress like punk-@$$es. Their appearance, however deplorable it may be, is not necessarily a window into what kind of people they are. It's is evidence (but not necessarily proof) that their insecurity is only exceeded by their lack of style.

However, the behavior they exhibited leaves no room for doubt; they've demonstrated that they are, in fact, punk-@$$ DB's. Thus, they live up to the reputation they dressed to achieve, successfully reinforcing the stereotype.

Back on topic, sadly, I doubt any more of his discs will be recovered, although I genuinely hope they are and will keep my eyes peeled. Shawn's a solid, stand up guy. I hate when bad thing happen to good people. :mad:

^Agreed^

Thank you