• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

You're right it is a little wide for the hook on the bladder. I never noticed that eventho I always use mine. The way I have mine in the photo seems to work just fine. It never comes unhooked.
View attachment 54257

Thanks. My ladder lock buckle is 2 inches long. Much longer than the one you have. I have have the most current run of the focus. I have another backpack with a bladder and it has two plastic knobs (or really cylindrical button almost) that fit into the bladder system bag. That is an EMS bag. There is a clip with the Hyrdropak bag that I got with it but it is only a 1/2-inch wide and the hook on it is even smaller. It will not even hook onto the webbing for the ladder lock buckle.

I hook the string/wire on the UP provided bladder instead of the hook. Works much better than the hook and allows for mobility

finally got my shift our for a couple rounds. rides great feels super light. discs are relatively easy to get in and out. i learned that inside the bag in the vertical slots those perform better with drivers. i had my two putters up top and they kept falling out when i quickly picked the bag up. also learned that the inisde mesh pockets while they can fit discs may warp the discs in those pockets. lessons learned and i freaking love this bag after figuring out the details and how to load it properly to my liking. very very happy customer

I have had my New Rebel out for a few rounds now. I gotta say, I Love it. Plenty of Room for Discs ( I am at 26 including 2 putters) and anything else I carry. SUPER COMFORTABLE on my back, even in the Arizona Desert heat. It is NOT causing discomfort on my back at all. LOVE the insulated drink pockets that accommodate 32 OZ. bottles! Overall, I am Pretty Happy!

ONLY Con, I see Personally, to this Bag.... No outside Putter Pocket. I DID know this was the case when I bought it. I didn't think it would bug me, but I have to say it actually does a little. The other Good things about the Rebel make it Worth it, to me, to get used to it, though.

All in all, Wonderful bag!!! The Rebel is pretty Awesome. :)

Any other Focus owners out there know what this ladder lock buckle and pocket inside the hydration section of the bag is used for?

The clip at the top is for camelbacks. On the bladder there is a hook which fastens to the clip at the top of the bag so the bladder always stays in place as it gets empty.

I hook the string/wire on the UP provided bladder instead of the hook. Works much better than the hook and allows for mobility

Hey guys, I wanted to wait until I was back at the office to explain the Focus reservoir clip with a picture. The clip should slide flat through the top opening in the Hydrapak and hold the reservoir secure. This is made custom for Hydrapak reservoirs. If you're using a different reservoir the webbing will hold a carabiner and clip to any other reservoir models on the market. :thmbup:

rfQipczl.jpg

any tips on using the rain cover for the shift. I feel like I had something wrong bc it was a bit tough to deal with.

Just took advantage of Upper Park's bundle deal - buy two bags and get 10% off each one - to snag Shifts for me and my dad. I'm pumped, to say the least. The Shift seems versatile, yet still has plenty of storage capacity. I'll be coming down in size from an Ergo 2 (great bag, but almost too stiff...a little more effort to get on and off than I like) and up in size from my day-to-day Juju with quads. I'm hoping the Shift hits the sweet spot I've been looking for.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences with the Shift so far, in particular namar and davidrboy. Those posts have been instrumental in showing me what the bag is all about, while also holding me over until I earned the funds to buy one. :thmbup:

here's a Rebel mod my buddy did, I only see him mostly at local tourneys and keep on forgetting to take a picture but finally did:

the frame is for sitting on! my buddy is probably pushing easily over 200lbs too, I sat on it and its actually very comfortable. he even claims that you can still use the rainfly while the sitting frame is still in.

I'm sorry I don't know the full details/instructions (because we were playing a league round and didn't want to jabber) but I was impressed. He admitted he basically winged it and built in on the fly without plans. He painted the PVC pipe orange to match the bag:

19224652824_413da8d1d7_c.jpg

19224656994_ffc35a5944_c.jpg

That is a pretty awesome idea! Only problem I would have is losing disc space, but it is a really cool idea to build!

Just took advantage of Upper Park's bundle deal - buy two bags and get 10% off each one - to snag Shifts for me and my dad. I'm pumped, to say the least. The Shift seems versatile, yet still has plenty of storage capacity. I'll be coming down in size from an Ergo 2 (great bag, but almost too stiff...a little more effort to get on and off than I like) and up in size from my day-to-day Juju with quads. I'm hoping the Shift hits the sweet spot I've been looking for.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences with the Shift so far, in particular namar and davidrboy. Those posts have been instrumental in showing me what the bag is all about, while also holding me over until I earned the funds to buy one. :thmbup:

you two will love them. i love mine its a great bag and wonderful for longer days or long walks between holes. my only complaints are probably unique to me. no easy storage. i have a phablet and there is no where easy to store it. again only my issue as most don't have phablet phones. it fits great in the storage of the bag, but sometimes there are photo ops on the course and its a pain to reach in to grab it. also wish there was a better solution to a putter slot. i tried the top slots in the vertical storage but those slots are better suited for drivers. again this is me, but i still think this is the best backpack bag i have owned. I've had a simian,grip, and a ranger. this bag is more comfortable lighter and better laid out than the others for my preferences.

you two will love them. i love mine its a great bag and wonderful for longer days or long walks between holes. my only complaints are probably unique to me. no easy storage. i have a phablet and there is no where easy to store it. again only my issue as most don't have phablet phones. it fits great in the storage of the bag, but sometimes there are photo ops on the course and its a pain to reach in to grab it. also wish there was a better solution to a putter slot. i tried the top slots in the vertical storage but those slots are better suited for drivers. again this is me, but i still think this is the best backpack bag i have owned. I've had a simian,grip, and a ranger. this bag is more comfortable lighter and better laid out than the others for my preferences.

I'm curious to see how the putters work out, as well. Mine are pretty low-profile, so I'm hoping they'll work well in the top.

Bag is supposed to be here today! Boom!

Circle of life, man. It was this very thread that helped me with my Shift purchase and I'm glad I could pass along the love.

I still can't decide if to put my putting putter in the top or middle. When I reach back over my head, I do not always end up in the same slot.

I'm curious to see how the putters work out, as well. Mine are pretty low-profile, so I'm hoping they'll work well in the top.

Bag is supposed to be here today! Boom!

i putt proxies so mine are low profile as well. the vertical storage works better when a little tighter. if they are loose they will fall out. that is why i chose to put drivers in those slots and my putters live on the outside of the bag. its part of the fun of the shift is figuring out the configuration that works best for you

Latest posts