• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Did you order a Shift?
That's what I ordered for my fiance. I've got a Grip A-series, and at this point I have a feeling I'll be so impressed with her Shift that I'm going to want one of my own for more casual rounds, and keep the Grip for tournaments and longer, more challenging courses.

yes i ordered a shift. I'm thinking most days it won't be fully loaded that is why all the options excite me. with the simian and grip i felt it functioned better with a fuller load.

I'm definitely liking the spacing of the inside, vertical pockets of my new Shift v3. Picture shows Shift v3 left and Rebel v1 right. The discs don't really fit in the Rebel v1's vertical storage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 95
For those of you getting the New Rebel post those photo's once you've got it all loaded up! Also for anyone who has had one before has anyone had any issues with seams pulling out? I Haven't heard about this issue but after a bad experience with another "newer" bag company I'm a little skittish. Also how much stuff are you able to fit in the side pockets? Being able to carry everything i MIGHT need on the course is something I want out of a bag. Also how many discs are people fitting into these now that the verticle storage has been adjusted to allow for all three to be used?

So my ridiculously awesome girlfriend did some recon and found out that I REALLY wanted a Shift. Happy Father's Day to me! The bag is exactly what I need, and I'm super pumped to get it out on the course. Thanks for making great bags UPD!

Fiancé was super excited for the shift so I drove it down to her last night. Pretty darn impressed with this thing. Super light, super comfortable. Discs are very easy to get in and out.
One question... Is it supposed to have a bit of forward lean? It almost seems as if the back panel is too long maybe and pushes into the bottom of the bagbag causing a hump at the bottom. Maybe that's on purpose so it doesn't tip backwards?

Fiancé was super excited for the shift so I drove it down to her last night. Pretty darn impressed with this thing. Super light, super comfortable. Discs are very easy to get in and out.
One question... Is it supposed to have a bit of forward lean? It almost seems as if the back panel is too long maybe and pushes into the bottom of the bagbag causing a hump at the bottom. Maybe that's on purpose so it doesn't tip backwards?

What is forward and what is backward?

Yes the bag does tend to lean towards the front of the bag (where the drink holder is). That was the reason I added some corrugated plastic to the side walls to help it stand up nicer and allow more room to reach into the bottom of the bag.

So this is normal then, yeah? It's almost like the back support pushes down too low behind the feet on the bottom and cants the whole thing forward toward the cupholder side of the bag. If normal...cool. Just clarifying.

Attachments

• IMG_20150623_141615_411.jpg
    IMG_20150623_141615_411.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20150623_141655_910.jpg
    IMG_20150623_141655_910.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 62
Cool, thanks. Just confirming since I'd read about issues with that back panel at the tops of the bags in previous runs.
It's definitely stable with discs in it. Overall I'm very impressed.

Wait until you go out and play a round. The Shift is a super comfy bag with less fuss between holes as you do not need to reach into a bag to grab or put away your disc.

You guys are making want to get a shift bag to go along with my focus bag. I usually carry about 10 discs, but sometimes I'd like the extra space.

DSC_1174.jpg
IN THE BAG: ( LE Stalker, C-P3, S-PD, Z XL, 12x Eagle, *Eagle, Classic Roc, * Wedge, SS Wizard )

Rebel

My Rebel came in today. I removed the dividers and loaded it up. I got 24 discs in only placing 2 per slot in the verticals. Man does this thing ever feel light on the back. 13lbs so far. Only wishes I have for this would be a way to get and return a putter while carrying, and for the flap to come all the way off. Seems like a waste to just roll it up and stow it.

temporary_zpsc2g6anhq.jpg

@4ormal, I wanted to get the focus but since it doesn't stand up I purchased the shift. Now if I could get my wife to come out. She would wear the focus and keep score while I play.

@PMantle, why not have the flap lie flat on the inside of the bag under the discs? This way you could use the small pouch for a birdie bag or towel.

@PMantle, why not have the flap lie flat on the inside of the bag under the discs? This way you could use the small pouch for a birdie bag or towel.

I was thinking I'd use the dividers when I rolled it up. Now that it's looking like I won't, I'll probably do exactly that. :thmbup:

Latest posts