• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Urban Skins in Asheville, NC

vonDrehle

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
This past weekend at the Mountain Disc Golf Experience in Asheville, NC the top 4 Pro players played Urban Skins in downtown Asheville. Here are some of pics I got :). If you are within driving distance and haven't been to this yet you are missing out!

I put them in a photobucket album as well as on facebook.

Facebook: 2012 MDGE Urban Skins

Photobucket: Urban Skins 2012

Here are a few.

JB5.jpg

MD3.jpg

Jeremy10.jpg

JB11.jpg

I don't think urban disc golf is a good idea. There is a great risk of injury to person and property of those not involved with the "event". We already have a hard enough time keeping courses open and clean. We also have identity issues still unresolved.

But with all that said the only place in NC where you could get away with such an "event" is Asheville (damned dirty hippies).

I've seen video in the past of players having to dodge traffic to play.

The idea is really cool and is amazingly popular and one of the best ways to promote our sport to the general public.

But really? Dodging traffic?

This year all roads were closed off by the police and they stayed in Packs Square which pretty much took away almost any chance of hitting pedestrians or businesses.

Last edited:
This year all roads were closed off by the police and they stayed in Packs Square which pretty much took away almost any chance of hitting pedestrians or businesses.

I'm glad it only took about 8 years of doing this to figure that out :clap:

Only one that got hurt was a random guy that rode his bike into one of those little black poles you see in some of the pics. He grabbed his bike and walked away like nothing happened :D. I don't want to point fingers but someone found this hilarious.

Random13.jpg

Believe it was $100 a hole with a $300 CTP thrown in for the hole next to the Vance Monument. Not 100% but I believe J-Bird won the most around $425ish maybe. Everyone else was in the $300s I think. I was eating at the time so was only half listening :D.

Cool! Very nice extra payout for the pros that make it in plus good exposure for disc golf in general. I imagine there's a good influx of people in asheville for that mountain sports festival.

I miss when it was a tour of the city... there were some amazing holes on the old layout like the chainlink tunnel and the intersection hole... and the downhill parking lot hole... and the one where I threw in the sewer and had to play from the sewer.... good times.

I was surprised they didn't do the tunnel shot and the extreme downhill one. We actually parked there in hopes we could get drinks halfway through the skins. There was a wedding scheduled in packs square so that might have rushed them a bit.

Another win for disc golf! We can randomly set up wherever we want and make a great round of it. Imagine trying to play bolf in the city!!

Is there anything this game can't do, besides get me laid?

A nice pics wouldn't kill anyone...

/walks away kicking dirt with a tear rolling down my cheek...