• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Little fun history: The first disc we ever made was named the VP, which stands for Vibram Putter. We then contemplated using that nomenclature for our first disc in each category ... until we got to Vibram Driver. What would the slogan be for the VD?!! :)

VD...it's infectious!
Finally...VD you're not ashamed of!
Finally...VD everyone wants!

What?!?!?! No good? :D

\

Seconded. I want glows Soles and Traks.

Must have been out of Soles when I bought my Vibram glow. I did get there in time to get a Trak though, and it is amazing. I contemplate using it in light bc the glow is so nice and grippy.

Perhaps the better question is: Are there any molds that will NOT be made in glow?

I would kill for a 165g Glow O-Lace (glO-Lace?)

Little fun history: The first disc we ever made was named the VP, which stands for Vibram Putter. We then contemplated using that nomenclature for our first disc in each category ... until we got to Vibram Driver. What would the slogan be for the VD?!! :)

It would pair nicely with the Discmania TD in S plastic. :)

Perhaps the better question is: Are there any molds that will NOT be made in glow?

I would kill for a 165g Glow O-Lace (glO-Lace?)

Someone is selling a complete set of Glow Vibram (including the OLace) on the Vibram Collectors facebook page.

Not sure about this year's production of Glow though.

Someone is selling a complete set of Glow Vibram (including the OLace) on the Vibram Collectors facebook page.

Not sure about this year's production of Glow though.

i know that they are launching glow again this november. which i know that my buddy and i are very much going to partake in cincinnati. Since we are pretty much and i say that very certain that we are the only people that throw vibram and exclusively vibram.

I look forward to the glow sole, glow trak, glow o-lace and yes i want a 159 and a 175.

Might be late, but I definitely vote for the MOFWY first. 2 very different discs, but I love the Trident and I love the Firebird. A replacement for either of those discs in Vibram would be sick. The Ubex is an interesting idea and I think would work well with the Birdie Bash, as has been stated before.

I don't hear anyone else discussing this, but I would personally prefer something more like a Saint/Volt/Escape type disc. Something just a shade understable to stable in the 9/10 speed range. I know the Ascent is there, but I'd prefer something with a little more glide, a little more turnover, and a little less fade at the end.

Might be late, but I definitely vote for the MOFWY first. 2 very different discs, but I love the Trident and I love the Firebird. A replacement for either of those discs in Vibram would be sick. The Ubex is an interesting idea and I think would work well with the Birdie Bash, as has been stated before.

I don't hear anyone else discussing this, but I would personally prefer something more like a Saint/Volt/Escape type disc. Something just a shade understable to stable in the 9/10 speed range. I know the Ascent is there, but I'd prefer something with a little more glide, a little more turnover, and a little less fade at the end.

Isn't the Trak right about there? Glides for days and turns with less fade. And is longer than other speed 7s, in my experience.

Jeez. When I think about it, I might have a romantic crush on the Trak.

Last edited:

How about this, Steve:

VD: rubber on wings

Isn't the Trak right about there? Glides for days and turns with less fade. And is longer than other speed 7s, in my experience.

Jeez. When I think about it, I might have a romantic crush on the Trak.

The Trak is my favorite Vibram disc. My beef is that I tend to beat them in a little quicker than I'd like and they became flippy. (admittedly my first 2 were firms and I just switched to medium)

I guess I just want a longer/faster Trak with a little less inclination towards understability.

The Trak is my favorite Vibram disc. My beef is that I tend to beat them in a little quicker than I'd like and they became flippy. (admittedly my first 2 were firms and I just switched to medium)

I guess I just want a longer/faster Trak with a little less inclination towards understability.

Just curious about your experience with firm vs medium blends. What's the difference in wear and stability? Have only thrown mediums. Dropped this question somewhere else, but never got a reply.

After reading about people's love of the Trak I made sure to try it a lot this last weekend, and you guys are right! It's an amazing disc with lots of potential. I'm using a Soft and it goes so straight and sits nicely; having a harder time making it be a longer Ibex, it wants to stable up at the end.

Latest posts